Windows 7 Not connected- No connections available

wrestler

I was connected to my university's wifi for a couple of weeks with no problems. I plugged in my Ethernet cable since the wifi connection was set-up just to get it out of the way for a little bit and since then my computer cannot find any wireless connections. I have tried restarting my computer as well as trying to set the connection up again and neither have worked. Can someone please help me with this? Thank you.
Oh yeah and my internet does work with the Ethernet cable plugged in.

Last edited:
Have you attempted a driver roll back?
Open device manager, expand network adapters, highlight then right click the problem wireless adapter and choose properties, select the Driver tab from the tabs across the top. See if the button called "Roll Back Driver" is available to you. It may be greyed out and unavailable. If that's the case try;
Your laptop manufacturer's website and see if they have a recommended driver update for your wireless device or check the actual device manufacturer's website and see if they have a driver available. In either case, download the driver to a location of your choice on your computer, extract the file as necessary and use those files to update the currently installed driver.
You may be able to just run the included executeable successfully, but you may have to use the driver tab in device manager and the "Update Driver" button, in that case be sure and choose the Browse option, and the let me pick, and then the have disk button and browse to the folder where you have download and extracted the drivers.
Hope this helps and keep us posted.

Excellent news. Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue, appreciate the follow-up. Thanks for joining and posting your issue here, your membership is appreciated and I hope to continue to see you aroung the forums.
Best
Randy

Back