Windows 8 No internet connections available.

Jen Kilburne

I just got a new computer for christmas(ASUS Notebook) and it has worked perfectly since I opened it. However, last night while I was playing a small game online, all the internet connections disappeared. I had been playing the game for nearly twenty minutes when it happened, so I don't think that is the reason it happened. When I say that no internet connections are available, I mean that it literally says "No connections are available" and the bars have been replaced with a white box that has a white cord on the left side and a red "X" on the right side. No other laptop in my house has had any problems. I tried unplugging the internet box, but it didn't affect anything. Has anybody else had this problem and solved it?

Hi

You could try uninstalling your Network Adapter in Device Manager and then reboot and let Windows reinstall and reconfigure it.
I've had that solve this kind of thing a number of times.

Open Network Adapter in Device Manager, Right click on the Adapter and and select Uninstall.

Then reboot your computer, this should get it back to it's default settings.

If it still shows no connection take it back to where you bought it and let them fix it under the warranty.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom