Windows 7 Nvidia Geforce 8400M G update problem

LVGarais

Hello everyone!

My problem is that i have MSI EX6OO laptop with windows 7 installed( before it was windows Vista). After this installation my graphics card turned into ''Standart VGA Graphics Adapter''. I tried to install my Nvidia Geforce 8400M G driver software many ways, but when I turned the laptop on I allways got stuck in the ''Starting Windows'' screen( Laptop freezes and restarts after a minute). When I go to the safe mode it shows that the driver isn't installed correctly.
What should I do?

My specs are:

MSI EX6OO Laptop
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1, 32-bit
Nvidia Geforce 8400M G video card
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2370 @ 1.73GHz

Hi, so if I have this correct, then, you installed Win 7 for the first time and your GPU driver will not load up? As your system was originally intended for vista just try running this app: Download: Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details This will let you know whether your system is fine to run win 7 in the first place. It should also off you links to driver etc but if not please post again.

So I runned the check and got this: Link Removed due to 404 Error
Everything is compatible except Aero support. And it didn't link me to drivers or something else

Instaled and got ''Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)'''in device manager. Also in device manager mass storage controller has a caution sign (don't know what that is and is that related)

also got this later ''Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)''

Last edited:
Hmm... Did you upgrade or do a fresh or 'custom' install?

I meant when you installed 7 did you do a clean install or did you upgrade from vista?

I think this could be at the root of your problem.. I would re-install windows 7 but use the 'custom' or clean install method. You'll need to boot into your bios and change the boot order so that CD/DVD is first, HDD second. Once installed change this setting back.

This help page will give you the info you need: Installing and reinstalling Windows 7

Back