Windows 7 Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT driver update problem

lodliam

i am running windows 7 build 7000 alongside xp on a dual boot system
I saw that there was an update for my Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT Graphics card in windows update
downloaded it
installed it
restarted it
and get the blue screen saying that a recent driver installation is to blame
i can get into safe mode and uninstall it
but then i am nagged about the update and plus the graphics now suck

i have searched all over but cant find a thing
also before windows 7 i had vista ultimate SP1 installed on the hard drive
worked fine until i got the driver i needed from Nvidia, then after installing the driver and restarting vista i would hear the sounds of vista starting up and logging in but no pic. once again i uninstalled it and vista worked fine.

is there a fix that will help me???
i will be happy if i could have a link to the old driver from nvidia

Just get NVidia's latest driver. The problem is that you're getting a beta driver for Windows 7. What you can actually do is use the latest Vista driver, and it'll perform better than the beta driver.

Also, in Windows Update, right click the update, and click "Hide" it'll make it stop bugging you. ;)

no luck
installed the latest 64 bit vista driver on win 7 and i still get the blue screen when i turn it on normally

i also did what patrickt said but alas no luck
anymore ideas???

as i said before
the drivers that i got in windows update BEFORE the 181.71 driver worked fine
then on the second of march i download the new drivers and now i get the blue screen
i can uninstall the driver but now i have no driver for my 8600GT

I had a similar problem with my 8800 GT, got no picture my monitor just said "out of range".
I booted in safe mode, uninstalled the driver that was installed automatically then rebooted and got the latest (182.08) from nvidia. Installed that one, rebooted and all worked well.
By the way might as well say hi to you guys since i just registered. Im going to find loads of useful info here :)

I am using the Vista driver for my 8600 in Win7. I would steer clear of the beta because both times I have tried to update up to the beta driver, it has screwed up my computer and I've had to go into safe mode and uninstall and put the old Vista drivers on(which work fine BTW).

ok thanks
i will try the 182.08 driver ErazerSwe mentioned (which im guessing that it is vista drivers) and i will report back after it downloads and installs
(might take a while , just ran out of broadband usage last night :( )

Broke

If it is not broak then don't fix it. Go back to the last knowen driver that worked.

Thomas

rite
the 182.08 driver didnt work for me:(
but as i said in my first post and what thomas
i would be happy if even some1 gave me a driver download for the last driver i had
i believe it was called something like this
Nvidia prerelease WDDM 1.0 driver for windows seven

Goto Nvidia and download the 181.71 driver and install it. It comes with a drive eraser and then you will have to install it. Works fine , and is built for Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit. Virsions .

Thomas :cool:

First thing update Windows 7, 7000 build two Windows 7, 7100 RC. 7100RC is the final test version before they ship the OEM then use Kspanks04 link in this post two Nvidia site they As of the 7th have released the Geforce 185.85 driver for notebooks with Windows (WHQL) for XP/VISTA/Win 7. hope this will help you. But remember that 7100RC is still just A test and there might be some bugs that no one has seen yet.

thanks to all
i have downloaded the new RC build and works
i have also reinstalled my vista so maybe it was just me being unlucky???

but it all works and loving the new RC compared to the 7000 build\

so I'm trying to use dueling 8600gt cards. one of them works, and the other shows this message ''this device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (code 12).

my system is 32bit with 4gigs of ram, win 7 and some AMD dual core processor, dont remember which. I'm trying to run 3 displays, with the primary one getting its own card.

Here's what I found on Microsoft's site:

Code 12: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use
Updated: August 31, 2007
Device Manager displays the following message in the Device Properties dialog box, on the General tab, in the Device Status text box:
This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12)
Diagnosis

Two devices have been assigned the same input/output (I/O) ports, the same interrupt, or the same Direct Memory Access channel. The assignment was made by either the basic input/output system (BIOS), the operating system, or a combination of the two.

Resolution

This error message can also appear if the BIOS did not allocate enough resources to the device. You can use Device Manager to determine where the conflict is and disable the conflicting device.

problem with display, Nvidia GeForce 8600GTS

Hi there,
I also have a problem with drivers(probably) and I don't know how to fix it anymore. I've tried with a couple of driver versions such as following ones:

GeForce/ION Release 186 version 186.08
GeForce/ION Release 185(WHQL) version 185.85
GeForce Release 185 version 185.81
GeForce Release 181 version 181.71
and nothing changed... I've attached print screen from my monitor, so if anyone else has the same problem, I would be grateful to him to share experience on solving this problem. Any ideas, please post it.
My desktop looks something like this:
my.php
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Thanks

endimon,

I hope I have this right.....
Is this the screen shot you get when clicking the Windows Explorer link.

If so, you can create a new shortcut to desktop.

Navigate to the c:\windows directory, right-click on Explorer.exe choose create shortcut and drag it to your desktop. name it anything you like.
Now Right-click on the short cut and add this line;

C:\windows Explorer /e,C:

This will open Windows Explorer to the root drive of C:

Back
Top Bottom