Windows 7 Opening desktop as a list??

proteus459

Once upon a time I had a small icon (it might have even been an arrowhead) in the lower right corner of my display near the clock in the notification area. With it I could open a menu along the right edge of the screen of all of the items on my desktop. I could open this menu over the existing window. It was NOT Aeropeek nor did it require the writing of any code, using the run box, downloading special apps or right clicking anywhere. It did not open the desktop as such; it opened a long menu of the titles of all the shortcuts on the desktop.

I eliminated the capability about a month ago and now wish I had it back but I can't remember how I got it. It was not complicated as I would not have been able to do it.

If anyone knows what I'm after from this explanation I would appreciate a bit of direction!

EDIT:

Never mind...I found what I was looking for. Right-clicking a blank spot in the notification area brings up a menu and the topmost selection in the menu is "toolbars". Open "toolbars" and the 4th choice is "desktop". Ticking that places the word "desktop" and a double arrow just to the left of the other icons. Clicking on it opens the menu I was looking for>

Last edited:
Hi Proteus.

Right click your toolbar. At the top of the context menu is toolbars. Inside there you'll find desktop.

Hi Proteus.

Right click your toolbar. At the top of the context menu is toolbars. Inside there you'll find desktop.
Thanks, but isn't that what I did?

From my posting above:
"Right-clicking a blank spot in the notification area brings up a menu and the topmost selection in the menu is "toolbars". Open "toolbars" and the 4th choice is "desktop". Ticking that places the word "desktop" and a double arrow just to the left of the other icons. Clicking on it opens the menu I was looking for."

Yes I believe it is. I suspect that because Elmer's post and your edit both occurred 4 hours ago that it is likely they overlapped and he posted just as you had made your discovery.
Good work by the way.
Regards
Randy

Back
Top Bottom