Windows 7 Out of hibernation = loss of Internet

walkerpbus

When I go into hibernation, I have Internet connectivity, as of now. When I come out, for a ? period of time, it has lost it's internet connectivity. The tray icon says "connected", but the browser & email & other things say not. I would be interested in any solutions, although I have tried in device manager, to make sure the adapter keeps it's power on.

The system needs time to reconnect after coming out of hibernation. How long of a time are you looking at?

In Device Manager, do you have the device set to allow power down during hibernation?

The system needs time to reconnect after coming out of hibernation. How long of a time are you looking at?

In Device Manager, do you have the device set to allow power down during hibernation?
At least 5 or 10 minutes:confused:

If you have the device set to maintain power when the computer sleeps, maybe it continues to try to connect and gives up.

Maybe you should try setting it to power down and try it that way for a while to see if it will reconnect quicker when coming out of sleep or hibernation.

Back
Top Bottom