Windows 10 Loss of internet connection

Mmmm.. Interesting. Sorry we haven't been able to come up with a fix for you yet. :scratch: After reading through your Network Diagnostic files that you posted per Neem's instructions, I am quite puzzled by some of the results. I noticed that there are 2 other User Profiles in addition to yours (appears to be NETGEAR87) as they appear here:
User profiles
-------------
All User Profile : Amazon-1KX
All User Profile : NETGEAR87
All User Profile : NETGEAR75

Neither of the other 2 profiles (Amazon-1KX and NETGEAR75) show up in either the CONNECTED or NOT CONNECTED diagnostic files. Interface Profile information can only be saved in 2 places; #1 in your wireless router (which you say you replaced), and #2 in your W10 Lenovo PC. Replacing the router should have gotten rid of those other 2 SSIDs representing other networks in your home or homes of your neighbors. Since you have a desktop PC and not a laptop, it's unlikely you are picking up those other 2 Wi-Fi networks at locations outside of your home such as a friend's home or a family member's home. Clearly you've logged into both those other Wi-Fi networks at some point with your PC. I must surmise then that you have 2 other routers in your home that you are also using that you didn't tell us about, or that they were used at some point and are now disconnected or no longer being used.

The new router should no longer see either of those Wi-Fi networks and should have no entries in the routing table. However, if W10 has problems with it's network system files, there could be corruption there and those entries are NOT being cleared out, and are transmitting to the router, which of course is looking to autoswitch to either of those 2 other networks which no longer exist (I suppose), and therefore the router is trying to switch to those other 2 networks which are no longer broadcasting, but may be temporarily interrupting your primary Wi-Fi connection to your active router, NETGEAR87 (which is listed in both the diagnostic files, with a 99% signal).

If my theory is right, since you've had the Mobo, wireless card, and router all replaced, the only thing left you haven't replaced yet is the hard drive (you didn't report testing results) and a complete W10 reinstallation from factory media. And you want to avoid the latter due to the amount of effort it will take to rebuild your current W10.
What you might consider trying, is one of these 2 things:

1.) Purchase a new hard drive which should be under $100 or so, and load a W10 install on their from your factory Media (DVD or USB) which Lenovo should allow you to do from a Recovery program included with the PC. Upon your 1st connection during setup or after setup to the NETGEAR87, your W10 should only create one User Profile for that connection. Test it. If the problem abates, then your problem lies somewhere with the W10 installation on the original hard drive. At this point, you'd have to completely reinstall all your programs and data from backups onto the W10 test install on the new hard drive; and your intermittent wireless problem is now solved! :up:
2.) Test your existing Hard Drive using my GUIDE link I provided to you back in Post #3 above. If any errors are returned from the drive diagnostic program, your drive has failed or is partially failing; in either case it must be replaced!:waah: Chances are very good that if your hard drive has failed and you replace it and do a W10 install from factory media as in #1, and your intermittent wireless problem should be solved. :up:

Either of these recommendations may help solve your problem, but in either case you'd be forced to reinstall your W10 with a scratch install and that's certainly a pain, but next to replacing the PC with a brand new one, it's certainly a less costly solution ($100 at most) than a new PC purchase. And, since you sound pretty computer savvy I still want to say it's vital that before you start any further troubleshooting such as hardware testing or W10 reinstalls, you should FIRST MAKE CERTAIN TO BACKUP ALL YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO EXTERNAL MEDIA IN ORDER TO AVOID IRRETRIEVABLE DATA LOSS!!

You have a very sticky problem, especially since you've gone to a lot of time and expense to replace 3 pieces of hardware; but still haven't solved the issue. I think if you try one of the above, you're likely to achieve a positive result.

Let us know how it goes.:lightbulb:
Best,
<<BBJ>>

NETGEAR87 is my current SSID. NETGEAR75 is the old one before I installed the new router. Amazon-1KX showed up when I installed Amazon Echo.

I tested the SSD and no problems were found. It's beginning to sound like I have to reinstall Windows 10

Yes, quite likely. But, only after your try Neem's suggestion in Post #20. If you can't remove the old NETGEAR75 router profile from your W10, that's your only option. Also, you should try to remove the Amazon Echo from your wireless network while you are troubleshooting. If your W10 can't remove the Echo profile (Amazon-1KX) from your windows, then your W10 registry is seriously corrupted as I detailed in my previous posts, and since it's broken you have to reinstall it. But, you could determine that by purchasing the 2nd hard drive with a fresh W10 install. That install should not have the NETGEAR75 router profile in it, nor should it have the Echo Profile AMAZON-1KX in it either (remember to disconnect the Echo when you install W10 on the 2nd test drive!). The only router profile should be the current router NETGEAR87. Once your computer connects to that router for the first time, it will only create 1 new router profile, and it should work perfectly now!:up:

After that, you can reconnect your Echo device to your router, creating a 2nd wireless profile. If the intermittent wireless connection reappears again, clearly it's the Echo device that has failed and must be replaced!! :waah: In fact, since you've had it connected for quite a while, it could have been the source of your entire problem.:eek: This is how I would do it if you paid me to come to your home and fix it. At $100 per computer/device; it most likely would be a $500-$600 bill.

Let us know how it goes.
Cheers!:D
<<BBJ>>

I would also check your power settings. Open a command prompt and type powercfg /q
Look for this section Subgroup GUID: 19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1 (Wireless Adapter Settings)
Make sure it's set to 0

Attache is the powercfg . I'm not sure how to set it to 0 or even if it needs to be.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    123.5 KB · Views: 328
You'll need to run these from an elevated command prompt (right click cmd, 'Run As Administrator')

powercfg /setacvalueindex 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c 19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1 12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a 0

powercfg /setdcvalueindex 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c 19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1 12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a 0

You may need to verify the verify GUID (string), look at the top of the output from powercfg /q and Power Scheme GUID and make sure it's the same as yours if not repalce the first guid with yours. In my example thats the 8c5e.... one.

I’m having trouble with the syntax and hexadecimal. Powercfg shows the GUID for my wireless adapter is 12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a. What part of the above powercfg command do I replace? Do I run both?

Run powercfg /q >> %userprofile%\desktop\powercfg.txt upload the text file on your desktop and I'll re-write the command that you need.

powercfg /setacvalueindex a1841308-3541-4fab-bc81-f71556f20b4a 19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1 12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a 0

powercfg /setdcvalueindex a1841308-3541-4fab-bc81-f71556f20b4a 19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1 12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a 0

@Neem: thanks for your assist on this one.;) We at least tried the repair that way.

@John: I agree. Remember to first backup all your Personal Data to External Media as I mentioned earlier, and then go back to the Advanced Software Repair in the TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE link I posted for you back in POST #2. This will help you do the windows reinstall. Don't forget to test your hardware prior to doing the Windows reinstall if you can. It can save you a lot of aggravation down the road.
Best of luck! Let us know how it turns out or if you get stuck, just post your questions back here. We are here for you 24x7x365. And thanks for using Windows Forum!:cheerful:

BBJ

Back