Windows 10 PC resets itself whilst playing game, then updates

1515416778234.png

dont think im running any third party applicatons and i use this for my drivers and its all up to date mate

1515416973896.png

ah yeah i use chrome to browse the web, because its good with its extensions ect ah i thought that the g force experience deals with all drivers of sense

Even Chrome extensions could be the source as it is possible.

It sounds like you've never updated the drivers properly so this could be a good place to start.

Chipset 760G
Legacy (you want the top download as you don't need raid utility

I found some audio drivers as you have the Via 1708S Audio solution:
VIA Vinyl HD Audio Driver 11.1100e for Windows 10

Your Network is a Realtek Gigabit PCIE solution:
Realtek

That covers the basics. Hope the install goes well.

So follow your links then update from there ? How do I find out my current driver that doesn’t have to do with gpu ?

So follow your links then update from there ? How do I find out my current driver that doesn’t have to do with gpu ?
Right click on the Start icon and from the revealed menu choose settings followed by Apps and features.

Highlight the driver (left click on it ) in question and you should see the version number revealed like in my screenshot:
apps.jpg

So follow the link and download the drivers in order to update.

how will i know that they need to be updated?
I showed you in my post above on how to reveal the build number of the driver. Plus if you've never updated them then chances are your versions are old but check anyway.

i dont have alot of knowledge when it comes to other drivers for my computers, what do i need to do in order to make sure everything will work and be perfectly running, only drivers i know how to work are GPU which is an automatic download when the new drivers are available

many thanks

Well I should imagine if you never actually installed any driver apart from the gpu that the drivers being currently used by things like the chipset are out of date.

See the list of drivers i first linked to?

Try and remove the original drivers first from apps and features.

If you cannot see the drivers to uninstall don't worry as your machine is probably using windows drivers which won't show up anyway.

Simply download the drivers from the links i gave you and try to install each one.

If windows is running a driver which is a better version it'll usually tell you and cancel the install so don't worry about messing things up.

In any case it's always good practice to create a system restore point before applying any new drivers (if your not sure how simply google how to create a restore point).

Leave the Asmedia driver till last as that's quite detailed to install and it's late. I'll post on how you can install those drivers after you've updated the others.

I'm off to bed but will check back tomorrow, best of luck.

i think im going to need help on the device manager on the asmedia 104x USB3 drivers.

going to try to do all this updating today because ive had enough of this everyday 3 too 2 days restarts from booting up windows

thats usb my driver and the website you linked for the updates you said i need to go through device manager to install on of these

so what your saying is un-install the asmedia ASM104x USB3 3.0 host controller drivers, whats the latest one i am lookinf for in your linked again that has to be done on device?

1515586475302.png

Last edited:
Before we go any where near the asmedia drivers did you update the other drivers that we specified?

i have been ask to do it this way but i couldn't find the ports

Find the usb device on the left side of device manager right click props, update driver

downloaded the audio drivers and the
Chipset 760G
Legacy

Realtek Gigabit PCIE solution: im not sure what im looking for when it comes to network driver?

Last edited:
downloaded all 3 and will begin to install them shortly, will report back Kemical

would i need to un install the previous drivers if there are any of these specific types on my pc or just follow the download and install ect for the latest versions

downloaded all 3 and will begin to install them shortly, will report back Kemical

would i need to un install the previous drivers if there are any of these specific types on my pc or just follow the download and install ect for the latest versions
Rather than write it all out again please read post #113 above

Back
Top Bottom