Windows 7 Problem with home wireless connection on Acer Aspire V3-771

liutauras

Hello, I`ve got Acer Aspire V3-771 as you see. I`ve got a massive problem because i get connection lost many times in a few minutes. It shows that I`m connected, but I cant access internet and after several losts I get limited access. What can I do about it? My wireless network adapter is Atheros AR5BWB222 by the way. Hope, you can help me ;)

It may be a problem with your local wireless connection to your router or it may be a problem with your router's connection to your service provider. Can you first check out out the parameters for your local connection and post them here. You can list it by running a command prompt and entering the following command:

ipconfig /all >desktop/ipconf.txt

This will create a text file called ipconf.txt on your desktop which you can the post here.

ok, here is my ip config:

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Default-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : home
System Quarantine State . . . . . : Not Restricted

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 2E-B7-0D-F7-82-CE
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 02-50-F2-00-00-01

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : home
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 9C-B7-0D-F7-82-CE
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::add9:8bd8:a370:1a9f%14(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.221(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 2012 m. rugpj×Ńio 7 d. 14:03:21
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 2012 m. rugpj×Ńio 7 d. 15:03:20
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 463255309
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-17-31-27-00-E8-40-F2-D6-32-E5
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : E8-40-F2-D6-32-E5

Tunnel adapter isatap.{DF9F37FF-2E17-4766-89BB-3D5C204E0BEE}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.home:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : home
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

Try updating your network adapter....last update I see is 4/23/12....what's the date on your currnent driver.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Nothing obviously wrong on your ipconfig but I see you have IPv6 configured on your wireless adapter. This is not currently in use and has been known to cause problems so I'd disable it.

Try updating your network adapter....last update I see is 4/23/12....what's the date on your currnent driver.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I would update my network adapter, but I dont know how, I downloaded drivers for it, but there is no setup just a few files...

Nothing obviously wrong on your ipconfig but I see you have IPv6 configured on your wireless adapter. This is not currently in use and has been known to cause problems so I'd disable it.

I disabled it in my network properties, but It didint help :S

Well, there is something with my loptop wifi, because net is working perfect connceted via wire and I tried wifi at my friend`s home, where many loptops work fine and I had same problem...

I would update my network adapter, but I dont know how, I downloaded drivers for it, but there is no setup just a few files...
Down load the adapter driver from here Drivers for Atheros AR5BWB222 and Windows 7
Then follow this
Driver Install - Manual Method

1. Download the driver and extract it to a folder.
  2. Open the Device Manager.
  3. Right click the device you wish to change the drivers for. You can select Properties > Driver > Driver Details to check you have the right device.
  4. Choose Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Browse My Computer For Driver Software.
  6. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  7. Select Have disk...
  8. Select Browse..
  9. Navigate to the extracted folder and double click on the .inf file
  10. Hit OK, then Next and the driver(s) will then begin to install.
  11. After it has installed, GoTo C:\Windows\System32\Drivers. Locate the driver you've just updated, right click it and check the dates under its properties.

Revert back to this driver from here http://global-download.acer.com/GDF...p3=ASPIRE V3-771&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_7
Use the same manual method to install the driver as needed
Well, there is something with my loptop wifi, because net is working perfect connceted via wire and I tried wifi at my friend`s home, where many loptops work fine and I had same problem
If the computer and your network seem to work fine when hard wired, and you wireless does not, and as you have stated above your wireless seems to have the same problem when used elsewhere, and changing the driver does not help the problem, then I would suspect a problem with a faulty or failing wireless adapter and or possibly with the associated antenna connections or the antenna itself.

Revert back to this driver from here http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Wireless%20LAN/Wireless%20LAN_Atheros_10.0.0.38_W7x64_A.zip?acerid=634707413457236859&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20V3-771&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_7

If the computer and your network seem to work fine when hard wired, and you wireless does not, and as you have stated above your wireless seems to have the same problem when used elsewhere, and changing the driver does not help the problem, then I would suspect a problem with a faulty or failing wireless adapter and or possibly with the associated antenna connections or the antenna itself.
Have you check the broadcasting channel? Interference from cordless phones and other radio devices can cause disruptions. Login to your router interface and set the channel to a higher value (11 is usually safe) or better yet, if supported, set your router to autoscan for the best channel. I believe the gatway for your router is 192.168.0.1
This is at least worth a try.

Revert back to this driver from here http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Wireless%20LAN/Wireless%20LAN_Atheros_10.0.0.38_W7x64_A.zip?acerid=634707413457236859&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20V3-771&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_7

I got an error after pressing "next" :S it says: "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device" and " There is no driver selected for the device information set or element."

Have you check the broadcasting channel? Interference from cordless phones and other radio devices can cause disruptions. Login to your router interface and set the channel to a higher value (11 is usually safe) or better yet, if supported, set your router to autoscan for the best channel. I believe the gatway for your router is 192.168.0.1
This is at least worth a try.

I`m newbie at such things and I don`t know how to do it :S

I`m newbie at such things and I don`t know how to do it :S
Go to the address "192.168.1.154" in your internet browser. There will be wireless settings there somewhere, navigate to there and there will be a channel selection list. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom