Windows 7 Problem with my audio driver :X

Angelos E

Hi there ! i am new here in this forum and here is my problem i have a desktop pc which i just installed windows 7 but sound doesnt work.. I have done every possible solution it came on my mind but still doesnt work
here are some informations about my hardware:

2w318rb.png

oadngn.png

2hxlkyw.png

plz i would appreciate any help and this helps you my GPU has also hdmi i dunno if it is related to the sound ..... Thanx in advance

Angelos E:
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I have merged your two threads as to avoid confusion. Please do not double or cross post.
Regards
Randy

Angelos E:
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I have merged your two threads as to avoid confusion. Please do not double or cross post.
Regards
Randy
oh hi there firstly and sorry for double post maybe i missclicked cuz i have many pages open from this site :S

The first thing I would try is to uninstall the sound device in Device Manager and then restart your computer and let it install again.

See if it gets it right the second time.

Your do have a yellow exclamation mark on one of he devices.
See if there is a message about whats wrong with it.

I've seen more sound problems when installing Windows 7 then any other kind.

Once after messing around for an hour I unplugged the speakers and plugged them back in and it started working. Go figure.

Mike

Last edited:
Hi

Check through this and see if there is anything there that you haven't tried.

No sound in Windows

You can try the Fix It apps on page 2, I've never tried these so I can't say how effective they are.

Mike

I'm not sure exactly what or which audio devices you are trying to get to work? Can you advise as to if this is an integrated audio controller on your motherboard? In which case you might have some trouble with that device as, according to what I can determine it looks like it might be pretty old;
Azalia link controller integrated in Intel® ICH6R chipset.
8-channel audio codec CMedia CMI9880L.
If that is it you may be better off determining if you can disable (turn it off) in the BIOS and add a PCI / PCI-e audio card and see if that might provide better results.
Looks like your MoBo has a firmware from 2005 and the last thing regarding drivers that I could find on the MSI support forums date to 2007 or earlier.
If this is a add-on card that you've installed in the computer, first make sure that the onboard audio is disable in the bios and provide as much detail regarding the specifics on the Manufacturer's Name, Model Name, Model Number etc., and we may be able to find or help you find a recent driver. Best bet is generally manufacturer's website.
Good Luck, keep us posted.
Regards
Randy

mmm if i remember corectly it is inrgrated auidio controller , so i will look up to theese solution and write back as soon as possible thanx for helping me .

Back