Windows 10 Problem with Windows Update - W10

Terje Meringdal

I have long had this problem with Windows Update. The annex shows the error, and so the image is, it is actually completely locked, meaning that no matter what I do, so there will be no further update. Found on YouTube: Solved / FIXED - Windows 10 Defender Update ERROR - KB2267602 but it is in English and also a little different than on my machine, I mean, so there is less help. Another method is to go into the Services and SoftwareDistrubition. Here I stop SoftwareDistrubition and restart your PC. But even if I've got this proposal to solve the problem, then works out rather not. This video on YT shows that it should also be addressed in Windows Defender, unless I completely understand it. I also got another suggestion on another forum on the web, but then there was so much fuss on the machine that I had to get it back to how it was before. Someone who has better suggestions ??

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 296
I have long had this problem with Windows Update. The annex shows the error, and so the image is, it is actually completely locked, meaning that no matter what I do, so there will be no further update. Found on YouTube: Solved / FIXED - Windows 10 Defender Update ERROR - KB2267602 but it is in English and also a little different than on my machine, I mean, so there is less help. Another method is to go into the Services and SoftwareDistrubition. Here I stop SoftwareDistrubition and restart your PC. But even if I've got this proposal to solve the problem, then works out rather not. This video on YT shows that it should also be addressed in Windows Defender, unless I completely understand it. I also got another suggestion on another forum on the web, but then there was so much fuss on the machine that I had to get it back to how it was before. Someone who has better suggestions ??

If you have Windows10 Home versus Windows10 Pro; you are out of luck. There is no stopping the Updates on W10 Home, sorry! :noway:
However, you can minimize their intrusiveness and frequency by doing these 2 things:

How to temporarily prevent a driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...from-reinstalling-in-windows-10#bookmark-1607

Windows Update Delivery Optimization: FAQ *How to disable WUDO*:
Windows Update Delivery Optimization: FAQ

These 2 procedures have proved helpful to many other W10 home users here struggling with Windows Updates issues. If kemical's suggestion of the W10 troubleshooter fails to resolve it, try the above. If the problem still persists, make sure to backup all your personal data to external media before proceeding and attempt to do a SYSTEM RESTORE back to the point in time before your WU (Windows Updates) began to fail; hopefully that will fix it for you!:up:

<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>>

Well, you still didn't answer my question about which version of W10 you have, is it Home or Pro???
I re-read your Post, and you are trying to get back to where your machine was before the updates made scrambled eggs out of your W10 right?
The first thing you need to do is to BACKUP ALL YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO EXTERNAL MEDIA PRIOR TO ATTEMPTING THE ABOVE OR ANY KIND OF SOFTWARE REPAIRS, INCLUDING SYSTEM RESTORE IN ORDER TO AVOID IRRETRIEVABLE DATA LOSS!!

Next, try using the built into W10 SYSTEM RESTORE utility and "rollback" your windows a few weeks or a few months and undo whatever damage to your WU occurred. If this works; which it does a lot, you're set to go!:up:

If it doesn't, WU is notoriously difficult to fix, and if your machine didn't come with W10 factory installed on it, it's most likely you upgraded your machine from an earlier version of windows such as W7 or W8.1. If this is the case your machine could be 4-7 years old. This means it's quite likely your real problem is failed hardware such as a Hard Drive or RAM memory stick(s). You should know that modern-era computers built in 2009 or later suffer from failed hard drives after only 2 years in laptops and 3 years in desktop PCs.:eek: If you haven't replaced your Hard Drive since you purchased the machine and it was upgraded from W7/W8.1 to W10; it's very likely this is your real problem, not fixable with any software tools! o_O

To determine if this is the case, take a look at my free TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE which will help you test your own hardware. If there is a HDD or RAM failure, you can replace it with a new component until you can get your PC to pass those diagnostics listed. The TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE is available here: Windows 10 - Unclickable Task Bar
It's quite lengthy; 6-8 pages so you may wish to print out hardcopy and keep it in front of the computer you are trying to repair.

It also contains a section on more Advanced Software repair options which you might yet need to take (but only AFTER you test your hardware and it all passes!) such as Windows Reset or Windows Reinstallation from factory Media.

If you can't wrap your head around all this, you could just take it to your local Computer Pro and pay him to fix it for you. Fixing WU problems can take upwards of 40 hrs. of labor, so be patient.

If you get stuck along the way, since you decided to DIY, post back your questions here to this thread. We are here 24x7x365.

Best of luck to you,:clover:

<<<<<BBJ>>>>>

Back