Windows 7 Resolution issues after waking from hibernate

videodrone

Hi,

New to the forums. I've been running Vista Professional on a low-end Acer desktop for about a year.

I installed the Win7 RC this weekend - trying to figure out whether I should buy the upgrade.

On the whole, everything went very smoothly. Seems like Windows Media Player has really improved, in particular - it plays my AAC files now!

I use the hibernate feature extensively so that the PC is not using much power while I'm at work.

Vista plays well with my Dell P660 monitor, which I love and have no plans to trade in any time soon.

Not so Windows 7, which changes the resolution every time the desktop wakes up to the point where I can't even get to my task bar.

Win7 does not seem to recognize the Dell P660 - it calls it a "generic PNP monitor" or some such thing. I have been able to change the resolution and text size nonetheless, and I can still get to my graphics card configuration dialog if need be.

I've seen on other forums that the change of resolution upon wake is a known bug in the Win7 RC and it has not been fixed in the RTM.

Any word on a possible fix?

If not, pity, because everything else went so well.

However, this is a showstopper for me. If it were just a cosmetic issue it would be one thing, but if the task bar won't even come up and I have to adjust resolution all the time to get to it - forget it.

No current plans to "upgrade" to a new monitor just to support a new OS. :)

Any advice/commiseration/word on the street would be appreciated - thanks.

Back
Top Bottom