Windows 7 Rocketfish RF-515DCD Sound Card Suddenly not detected anymore

Epicjason

Hello-

I have a Rocketfish RF-515DCD PCI Sound Card installed on my desktop computer- I was running andd playing sound from my monitor speakers with the driver all fine until recently- All I did was take out some RAM- blow and dust it off, and put it back in. I accidentally started my computer with the RAM improperly installed. (the clasps were not closed) and now, my driver for this sound card- is gone, windows doesn't even detect my sound card at all. All it came up with was "Realtek AC'79 Speakers" (which I'm pretty sure I dont have installed, it didn't work on any of my jacks) I disabled it in BIOS later on. So I downloaded the driver again(I found it here), ran the setup.exe and came up with the error "setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system"

So now I am really bewildered on where to go.

Here are my specs:

http://pastebin.com/K1fJjqXU

So what exactly did you turn off in your BIOS? I suggest you power down and unplug you psu then recheck all your components physical connections making sure they are fully seated. Then I would pull the sound card out and move it to another PCI slot and boot back up.

You shouldn't have to turn anything off in the BIOS when adding an additional sound card.....like a graphics card add on....it will automatically switch off what needs to be turned off in order for the new device to work.

Back