screen goes blank during install every time...

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Installation' started by bdee1, May 28, 2009.

1. bdee1

bdee1 New Member

I am trying to install windows t RC on my HTPC. I already installed it on my office computer and it all went smooth. but when i tried to install it on my HTPC in the living room i am havign problems. it always gets to the "expanding files" portion and at some point during this process the screen just goes black and never comes back up. i even let it sit overnight and still it never came back up - it just seems to hang.

also i could not get my HTPC to boot from the dvd. i even re-burned it from the iso on my office computer. so i ended up connecting an external USB DVD drive and now it boots from the disc every time but won't get past the "expanding files" stage.

i had no problems when i installed the win7 Beta on the htpc. any suggestions???

BTW: i am doing a clean install of the 32 bit version.

#1 bdee1, May 28, 2009
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
  2. Radenight

Radenight New Member

Have you tried installing from a USB flash drive rather than a DVD? It might not make a difference but it might make all the difference in the world.. ;)

Do you have any external devices plugged in? (Such as: USB Drives, Webcams, Microphone, etc). If so, I'd recommend unplugging them before you start the installation.. ;)

3. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

Please try Radenight's suggestion first, it that doesn't work..........

Not to brush you off, but this seems to be a common problem.

I suggest you look over the threads at the bottom of this page relating to your problem.