Windows 8 Serious problem with hdd detection

Atbxp01

Hi , since somes month i have installed Windows 8 consumer preview,everything working fine,o made another partition with xp installed ,everything works fine till today ,i power on my pc ,and before windows load ,a blue screen appear with a error saying that a device has been unplugged (but no device has been plugged or unplugged,is strange)and causes an error x00009c or something like this and i restart and problem persist the file that causes error is winload.so i tried to plug the hdd in other computer and reinstall windows but in the other computer,disk is detected but if i try to open the partition with xp i can access to it but if i try to open the win8 partition a Message appear telling if i want to format and i can't access to the partition.i have 500gb of data there and a lot are important,and i can't use laptop ,i've tried to run chkdsk but disc is not recognized.my laptops are Toshiba tecra s11 running in win8 and vista.what can i do ?thanks

Hello and welcome to the forums.
Sounds to me like there are some serious problems with respect to the disk and or partition(s) that is hosting your OS(s)
a device has been unplugged
i try to open the win8 partition a Message appear telling if i want to format and i can't access to the partition
i've tried to run chkdsk but disc is not recognized
Not sure why you decided to host critical data within a Beta OS
i have 500gb of data there and a lot are important
But I suppose we have all been there in one form or another.
You may want to try using one of the Linux Distro's (Live CD) https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCD
And see if you can use that environment (independent of the installed OS(s)) to see if you can access your critical data on the problem drive / partition and copy it off to an external device for safety.
If the disk / partition is failing (bad sectors) then your options might be limited as any disk utilities you might attempt to use to examine the problem or repair it might also serve to further exacerbate the problem.
I guess the bottom line is that you are going to have to address the problem in some manner up to and including replacing the drive if necessary. But do try to secure your critical data first.
Some links to hard drive diagnostic utilities. Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
Regards
Randy

Back