Windows 7 Slow Wireless Internet with 7 Home Premium

No Microsoft will not help at all if you tell them you nay have virus.. that;s you're own doing and you have to take care if it.

Would you consider a "clean" install.

You;ll need to save all your Documents, Music, videos, favorites, Pictures to a flash drive

This will clean out everything a start fresh. Be aware, you will have ti reinstall all you 3rd party software.

Last edited:
I bought a full version of windows 7. I just didnt want to reload all of my stuff. Plus I can't find my ms office cd to reload that. This just sucks. sucks bad.

How did this thread go to slow Internet activity to installing Office. Why install Office and add yo your problems.

Somethings not right here.

Did you purchase your copy on Windows 7?

How did this thread go to slow Internet activity to installing Office. Why install Office and add yo your problems.

Somethings not right here.

Did you purchase your copy on Windows 7?

Where did you get lost?

My internet is slow after I installed windows 7 that I bought from microsoft at a student price of 29.99. As you know I have been on here trying to get help to figure it out. I installed it by just upgrading so that I didn't lose everything thing that I have on the computer. One of the things I dont want to lose is MS office, which I have misplaced the disc that I bought for that program. There are a few other programs I don't want to lose either but didn't mention them here. I only mentioned this because people suggested a clean install, which I always thought I would lose all of my current files that way.

Hope this helped.

Here is where I purchased windows 7 Link Removed due to 404 Error

So do you all think that a clean install will help this problem or should I just restore vista and try to get my money back from microsoft? I am very tired of dealing with this.

I'd go with a clean install, I'm fairly sure that should fix the problem, and remember if you don't reformat the hard drive, the setup will put all your files in a folder called windows.old in your root drive where you can do whatever you want with 'em

Did a clean install and it didn't help. It was a good plan and I wish it would have worked; so is there any other suggestions?

Well, at least you'll notice better overall performance.
Have you tried another browser? I'm not sure if reghakr has already asked this question, but if not, try downloading Chrome or Firefox and trying them out.

I have tried aol but don't know if there is anything good about that browser. I will try right now.

Did a clean install and it didn't help. It was a good plan and I wish it would have worked; so is there any other suggestions?

I can suggest to you that you continue to use Windows 7 and look into the problem areas you are having. Specifically, you've lost your stuff. May I recommend Dropbox.com, an online backup solution for your problems? You can backup important documents and files. It is a folder that resides in your Documents called "Dropbox". They offer 2GB of free storage on the Amazon Elastic Cloud. No catch. They just want you to bite and buy their premium service for extra storage. This is like having a USB flash drive and being able to use it on multiple computers at the same time. Its great for synchronizing work between computers, but also for backup reasons. You don't even have to have the application installed to get to your stuff; you can simply access their online website to initiate the downloads.

Furthermore, I would seriously recommend that you invest in a backup/imaging program for your computer. More recently, I would recommend Paragon backup for this purpose. It works quite well, uses the Windows pre-load environment for bare-metal restore and recovery. It can partition your local drive if you don't have a removable or external one to keep the backups in a safe partition. It uses the Microsoft volume shadow copy service first, and if that doesn't work, it uses its own copy service to do full backups while your machine is online. This is better than Dropbox since you can restore your entire system with a recovery CD, and its more reliable than the built in Windows Backup.

If can safely load all of your stuff, and invest just a little bit of time (and money) into backing up your stuff, I believe you will start to get used to Windows 7 and not feel as nervous about the learning curve. I refer people to Dropbox all the time because every time someone buys extra storage I get an additional .25GB of space or something, but its well worth it. I use it all the time for work. If you use Dropbox on multiple computers on your home network it will now access the LAN first to synchronize your files to save you and them bandwidth. It is a great solution for backing up documents, passwords, and software installers -- you name it. You could also try Carbonite for a full, online backup of the files on your system. But it won't let you restore the OS if it fails: just the files. So applications will get lost, but you'll still have the data. Its a paid solution that offers unlimited storage.

For the full image backup, go for Paragon. I have always thought its funny that gamers save their progress in a video game all their time, but never think about backup & recovery of their computer when it could contain so much important information. I hope for once my suggestions help you.

No I haven't tried another adapter I was thinking about taking one out of another computer to try it. It is a d-link I think.

Try that for sure.
I'm really thinking it's a compatibility issue with your network card, whether we realize it or not.

Back
Top Bottom