Windows 7 Something broke overnight! please help!!

goddo2305

Hey Guys!

So when I went to bed last night my pc was functioning perfectly, with no issues what so ever. When I turned it on today it was the opposite. Something has obviously been corrupted or changed by malware. I have a feeling the issue could be service related but was hoping someone here could shed some more light. So when looking at my task bar this is what I am now greeted with things not working. Dropbox can't connect, google drive can't connect, DVScheduler can't start, avast secure line can't start, MSE can't start it's real-time protection

Avast appears to still be working as it is not complaining. little things like snipping tool won't open, and the system gets stuck while trying to create a profile for a new user account too. I'm currently writing this on the pc so it is still somewhat working but there is some big issues happening and I'm not too sure what it is. The SSD has been checked by the intel toolbox and reports the health as fine. Any possible answers? I used ADWCleaner earlier as well.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

RDP freezes when I click connect, and I can't delete user accounts without the window freezing..

Hi,
Try running the system file checker. Open a admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results

Have you considered trying system restore and going back? I'd also check windows updates history just in case you uploaded something yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom