Windows 7 Star wars: Kotor problems

darthmars1

ive had the RC for awhile now (so far so good on that part) and i decided to re-install one of my favorite games star wars: knights of the old republic, i fully patched it and everything but when i tried to play it would go to a black screen then it would say "this programme is not responding" minimize then close... so i tried run as administrator... that failed.. compatibility... that also failed...
my stats are as followed
Manufacturer:none(it was custom made)
Processor:AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3000+, ~1.6(has been recorded to go to 3.0)GHz
Memory:1 gig
Hard Drive:160 GB
Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Monitor:Generic PnP Monitor
Sound Card:Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
Speakers/Headphones:3 words... digital surround sound
Keyboard:Standard PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse:Logitech USB Wheel Mouse
Mouse Surface:something.... :)

Motherboard:ASUS M2N-MX SE SERIES
Computer Case:black piece of leet crap

ive never had problems with the game before and yes before you say it i fully updated my graphiques card >_>

if someone has a fix plz do tell this is one of my fav games :'(

well I dont think thats really a specs issue, despite the 6150 card being bit naff to be honest though its from the era of the game so should be fine. It's more likely its a issue with the settings or the OS maybe...there's a few games that didn't quite get through the net just yet. And when you said you installed latest driver for it, you did use the proper "M-series" driver not the mainstream ones?

well I dont think thats really a specs issue, despite the 6150 card being bit naff to be honest though its from the era of the game so should be fine. It's more likely its a issue with the settings or the OS maybe...there's a few games that didn't quite get through the net just yet. And when you said you installed latest driver for it, you did use the proper "M-series" driver not the mainstream ones?
i no it wasent a spec issue but usually in this forums people dont awnser your questions unless you do put up your specs... besides ive managed to play fallout 3 on this comp (80 hours and ive only had 3 crashes in total :p) and yes i did use the proper drivers ive run into problems similar to these so i no all the "normal" fixes, strange thing is i was able to play this on beta but for some reason it refuses to work in RC

win 7 and Kotor have issues

Kotor and win 7 have issues. i would attempt to find the setup file for kotor and run it as an administrator first off. then go and download directx 9.0c as directx 11 that comes with win 7 is not backwards compatible. that graphics chipset is fine to run kotor on as it's newer than the recommended chipset. that's how i got it work on my other win 7 pc. couldnt get kotor 2 to work but there are a few work arounds online if you google them. good luck!

Re: win 7 and Kotor have issues

i have kotor 2 i just got it today. and everything is fine until i finish creating my character windows tells me that the game has stopped working and i do not know what i should do. @ghrark if you are right i need to download directx9.oc? i have win 7 premium and wen i run xp compatibly the problem is the same. sorry if i seem to be jumping around but when i first installed and ran the program i was using window 7 then i switched to xp after i ran into the problem and it has been constant ever since not sure what i need to replace or what i need to do if someone could help me i would be very grateful thank you

Re: win 7 and Kotor have issues

hey i cant even get star wars kotor to install i click on install and it just freezes says its not responding then closes. i have an amd vision duel core amd radeon windows 7 home premium hp laptop brand new. any help?

View attachment 25873 I Am Having an issue to my is Windows 7 64-bit And NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE Itegrated
and it gives me an error massage when i hit the lunch game View attachment 25871
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm.... Have you tried playing the game? I just did a little googling and read that someone had the same 'fail' but the game played fine.

Well the Nvidia 6150SE Nforce 430 is good for GL 1.5 see here:

Motherboard GPU Features and Benefits for:
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150 SE and NVIDIA nForce® 430
  • NVIDIA GeForce 6100 and NVIDIA nForce 430
  • NVIDIA GeForce 6100 and NVIDIA nForce 405
Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 Support
Ensures top-notch compatibility and performance for all DirectX 9.0 applications, including Shader Model 3.0 titles.

NVIDIA® CineFX™ 3.0 Engine
Powers the next generation of cinematic realism. Full support for Microsoft DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 enables stunning and complex special effects. Next-generation shader architecture delivers faster and smoother gameplay.

NVIDIA® Intellisample™ 3.0 Technology**
The industry's fastest antialiasing delivers ultra-realistic visuals, with no jagged edges, at lightning-fast speeds. Visual quality is taken to new heights through a new rotated grid sampling pattern.

NVIDIA® nView™ Multi-Display Technology
Advanced technology provides the ultimate in viewing flexibility and control for multiple monitors.

Full-Speed 32-Bit Color Precision
Delivers increased image quality with no performance compromise.

NVIDIA® Digital Vibrance Control™ 3.0 Technology
Allows the user to adjust color controls digitally to compensate for the lighting conditions of their workspace, in order to achieve accurate, bright colors in all conditions.

OpenGL® 1.5 Optimizations and Support
Ensures top-notch compatibility and performance for all OpenGL applications.

300 MHz RAMDAC
Blazing-fast RAMDAC supports display with high, ergonomic refresh rates up to and including 1920x1440@75Hz.

SDVO Interface
In conjunction with SDVO to TV-Out conversion chip on the motherboard or on the riser card in the PCI-Express slot enables analog TV-Output. In conjunction with SDVO to DVI-Out conversion chip on the motherboard or on the riser card in the PCI-Express slot enables DVI-Out connectivity to flat-panel monitors.
Feature only available for GeForce 6100/ nForce 430 and GeForce 6150SE/nForce 430 Motherboards manufactured after August 2006. - See more at: http://www.nvidia.com/object/mobo_gpu_features_benefits.html#sthash.QWnAwPbH.dpuf
http://www.nvidia.com/object/mobo_gpu_features_benefits.html

You cannot download Open GL as it's included with the driver, which driver are you using?

Back
Top Bottom