Stops when starting services, if that makes any sense

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Installation' started by Cosmocat, May 25, 2009.

1. Cosmocat

Cosmocat New Member

I am having one heck of a time trying to install Windows 7. I know there's nothing wrong with the ISO I burnt, I booted it from the disc and it acts like it's installed. Then it restarts and says "Starting Services" and then I get a message saying "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click OK to restart the computer, and then restart the installation". I click on OK and the same thing happens all over again. I totally reformatted the drive before installing it, in case there was a conflict, because it happened even when doing a fresh install.

2. Arlongkpr

Arlongkpr New Member

yea get to about....80% then splat... this is like the 5th time.... it wont let me upgrade from xp even via the advisor..
    ... one last try I guess then im giving up..... I truley was hoping to get to mess with windows 7RC

3. Gazza

Gazza New Member

try resetting the bios

you cannot upgrade from XP only Vista

4. Arlongkpr

Arlongkpr New Member

Ok tried that...still same....

It always stops at same spot.............:confused:
    Sorry not the greatest snapshot of screen
    [​IMG]

5. Gazza

Gazza New Member

how about using the repair installation option

6. Arlongkpr

Arlongkpr New Member

The Computer restarted unexcectedly or encountered an unexpected error, windows install canot proceed click ok to restart ,then restart the installation.... same msg as last 3 tries also.....

7. Gazza

Gazza New Member

Try installing Vista and then upgrading you will need to SP1 or else if you don't have that reinstall XP then try again, hopefully one of those 2 options will over write the error, the good news is once you are in it is all plain sailing.