Windows 7 Stuttering audio/video when maximize videos.

Jsn287

I'll start with system spec's to be sure I do not forget to post them after explaining:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3ghz
4GB of RAM
Windows 7 64-Bit OS
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+
I also run Dual Monitors, the monitors are the exact same model (which i do not have with me currently and don't think would matter, if needed i can get it)
(If need any more info let me know, I'll reply with it asap)

Now for the problem...

I have been using Windows 7 64-bit without a single problem on this machine since Windows 7 was released. Ever since then I have had no problems doing, well really anything until about 2 weeks ago. I usually play video games on my main screen whilst watching movies/streaming tv on the 2nd screen. The stuttering is constant when watching streaming videos in full screen mode, even when doing absolutely nothing else on my computer. If the video is not in full screen mode it plays fine. If I pop the streaming video out of the browser and F11 it to make it full screen that way it does not stutter at all this way either. I do not believe it to be a bandwidth/internet connection issue though as I also encounter problems when watching movies from my hard drive. The movies from hard drive issue is not exactly the same though. When watching a movie from my hard drive and playing a game the audio and video will skip about half a second every 4-5 seconds instead of a constant stutter. However if I am not playing a game or doing anything else on my computer the videos will play fine. I have updated my video card drivers and the audio drivers as well as bios on my computer but am still having the same issue.

Any ideas as to what could possibly be causing this issue and ways to fix it? Thanks for your help, and if you need any other info just let me know.

Do you keep track of what type of codec is being used with the different video types? Have you changed any codecs on your system lately?

Do you know what the bandwidth of the video being streamed is?

One thing you might try is, if you can, when you find one misbehaving, download it completely then watch from your system to see if it does the same thing.

Many times on my system if I make the video full screen it looks bad or breaks up.

Do you keep track of what type of codec is being used with the different video types? Have you changed any codecs on your system lately?

Do you know what the bandwidth of the video being streamed is?

One thing you might try is, if you can, when you find one misbehaving, download it completely then watch from your system to see if it does the same thing.

Many times on my system if I make the video full screen it looks bad or breaks up.

I do not know what type of codec is being used and I have also not changed any codecs recently. As far as the bandwidth of the video being streamed, I don't have a clue and not sure how to find that either. One thing about that though, the main sites I see the issue when streaming from are justin.tv and hulu.com. Those are the 2 main streaming sites I use, but I also notice it on other streams as well.

As far as downloading it fully goes, live streams unfortunately I cannot do and those are the ones I watch the most. I will certainly try with a non live stream though to see the result.

I am not losing any picture quality when going to the full screen, it just seems like its killing my system for some reason and unfortunately I don't have a clue why. I am going to reformat tomorrow if I cannot get it fixed before then, I was just trying to exhaust all other options first as I do not enjoy reinstalling everything, heh.

Back
Top Bottom