Windows 10 System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys) problem again

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff800301a269a, ffffd001d7ce2978, ffffd001d7ce2190}

Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+1269a )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi Silverman,
looks like that same gpu driver is acting up again. Try entering safe mode and remove the currently installed Intel gpu driver (you'll find it in the remove programs section.).
See if the system will boot up without crashing. If it does then install the driver found here:
Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.33]

If the crashing continues however pop back into safe mode and remove this:

AsrAppCharger.sys Tue May 10 09:28:46 2011: ASRock App Charger can cause blue screens itself so please remove.

Also your device drivers as well as chipset drivers are in need of updating too.
ASRock > Z77 Extreme6

P17.sys Fri Oct 16 07:44:53 2009: Creative SB Audigy LS please update:
Creative Worldwide Support

VirtuWDDM.sys Sun Feb 05 11:24:50 2012: VIRTU LucidInterop WDDM Driver by LucidLogix. I have my suspicions about this driver and i ask you remove it to test.

Post any new dump files.

If the crashing remains severe then you might not have other choice than to enter the recovery section and employ some of the options there.

Hi kemical, That's a bit of a break through. I am having an earlier start today, before I get disrupted.
This is a list as shown today in my add/remove programmes. Can you confirm the one/s I need to remove and for on first, Wht should I down load

Attachments

• AddRemoveProgrammes_170516.pdf
    195.2 KB · Views: 233
There are some potential issues but the ones that stand out right away nVidia drivers are installed yet you are using Intel I-GPU on the 3570K correct? If you had an nVidia previously but not installed now looks like you could uninstall the drivers for that, and the AsRock Utilities. Some of them are known for issues and you might not have the latest that work correctly with Windows 10. XFastLan, and XFast Mem can be issues configuration and OS depending. Also Creative Cards "can" at times have issues with Norton antivurus, or security suites - version depending.

If it were me I would_

1. Run the Norton uninstaller works the second time. You can also go back to a previous system restore before Norton was installed if you have it, or to a date before you know the problem that you currently have.

1.Uninstall the nVidia driver and see if that at least allows some usage, and then I would boot into safe mode (if he has it setup correctly) and also run DDU which can be found on this site. Get rid of all NVidia remnants.

-Note how the PC behaves. If better but still wonky...

2. Uninstall all the AsRock Utilities (just for now) and then update the Intel I-GPU driver from the link Kemical gave you, and possibly if needed "disable" the Creative card from the device manager as well to see if freeing up that makes any difference. If it does then I would uninstall the Creative drivers completely and see how the system behaves with default windows 10 audio drivers and no software for audio installed (realtek).

*The key here being uninstalling the ASRock stuff (it's not even needed anyway the BIOS will do everything those will), and the Creative, and Norton AV stuff completely. Seeing if getting rid of all of that should have some positive effect for sure especially after installing the new Intel I-GPU drivers and possible updating the Intel ME (AsRock Site), and Intel chipset drivers (AsRock Site).

-Note how the PC behaves after getting rid of this stuff and updating your I-GPU drivers.

Last edited:
Hi kemical, That's a bit of a break through. I am having an earlier start today, before I get disrupted.
This is a list as shown today in my add/remove programmes. Can you confirm the one/s I need to remove and for on first, Wht should I down load
Morning Silverman,
primarily I want to get you stable without the constant crashing. Tell me, did removing the Intel gpu driver help? Has the crashing stopped?

I had a look through your screenshot and it does look like Norton was removed. After you ran the uninstaller a second time did it remove the prompts?

The apps I want you to remove primarily is anything with Asrock in front of it.

Now normally when we collect the data needed the app will include a dxdiag but of course as you had issues we never got one.
Open 'run' and type 'dxdiag', click ok and you'll get a prompt asking to check for signed drivers, click yes and wait for the box to appear.
Click 'save all information' and post the dxdiag when you next reply.

Try the above for now and depending on your reply we can then move on to other areas.

Been back for about 30m, seem to have more problems, I can't get thge page to load at all, I have not done anything since my previous message. On screen I now have:-
"AUTOMATIC REPAIR"
Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC
Press "Advance options" to try other options to repair your PC or Shut down" to turn off your PC
Logfile: G:\WINDOWSzSystem32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

Why this has happened, I have no idea

Going for lunch (in about 20 min - only for max 30min

I have left the above on screen - I will see if it shuts down on its own or not

Kemical and William,

As you have both said uninstalling the ASRock stuff, is one of the main things to do. (This PC has always had the Intel Core i5 processor ) should I delete all the 3 of the ASRock first these being:- ASRock App Charger v1.0.5, ASRock,SmartConnect v1.0.6, and ASRock XFast Ram v2.0.9 first. I assume once I can get access I need to do this from Add Remove programmes (see my list above Items 4,5 & 6.

I have got to get things running first. Still on:-

"AUTOMATIC REPAIR"
Press "Advance options" to try other options to repair your PC or Shut down" to turn off your PC
Logfile: G:\WINDOWSzSystem32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

It does not look good, I did look at system restore a few days ago and the only restore point was for about three days earlier, I did try that but no luck). I did create a new restore point afterwards at the time, but thats not going to help either

"AUTOMATIC REPAIR"
Logfile: G:\WINDOWSzSystem32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txtl

How do you suggest I can get back into the Recovery section. or do a RESET.

As you have both said uninstalling the ASRock stuff, is one of the main things to do.
Well no not really.
Remember my earlier questions:
What happened about the Intel graphics driver? Did you remove it under safe mode?

I asked you to run Norton removal tool a second time which you said you did. Have the prompts for Norton stopped?

I've just seen your reply about system restore:

RESET
Can you get into safe mode? If so you can get to the recovery section from there.

If you can't boot into safe mode then you need either the windows 10 installation disk or a recovery disk/USB. You need to boot from either of these to enter recovery
Creating a recovery drive - Windows Help -

If you see advanced options as you say above then try clicking that. See where it takes you.

Silverman we have to keep things methodical regarding results so please try and keep to the task at hand otherwise we kind of lose where we are at with this and that. Thanks :)

Last edited:

I qo through this at each stage:
1. What happened about the Intel graphics driver? Currently I not ben able to access the PC to do that,so not done
2. Did you remove it under safe mode? - as above
3. Have the prompts for Norton stopped? Not seen ant today
4. Can you get into safe mode? If so you can get to the recovery section from there. see below:

I have clicked on advanced and now have the following options:-

A. Continue (Exit and continue to Windows 10)
B. Troubleshoot (reset your PC or see advanced options)
C. Turn off your PC

I will wait for your suggestion of which one of the above 3 to select

I qo through this at each stage:
1. What happened about the Intel graphics driver? Currently I not ben able to access the PC to do that,so not done
2. Did you remove it under safe mode? - as above
3. Have the prompts for Norton stopped? Not seen ant today
4. Can you get into safe mode? If so you can get to the recovery section from there. see below:
Ok cool, thank you.

I have clicked on advanced and now have the following options:-

A. Continue (Exit and continue to Windows 10)
B. Troubleshoot (reset your PC or see advanced options)
C. Turn off your PC
You want 'B' troubleshoot. This will help also:
Everything You Need to Know About Refreshing and Resetting Your Windows 8 or 10 PC

I now have:-
1. Reset this PC (lets you choose to keep or remove your files and then reinstalls Windows)
2. Advanced options

Ok excellent! So is the pc running fine now?

If so I'd still pop into remove programs and remove those Asrock apps.

Please collect the dxdiag data and post.
Open 'run' and type 'dxdiag', click ok and you'll get a prompt asking to check for signed drivers, click yes and wait for the box to appear.
Click 'save all information' and post the dxdiag when you next reply.

Something seems to have gone wrong, you don't seem to be getting my posts, I did not say it was running! I wish it was \i am still waiting for your instructions one the 2nd page of "Trouble shooting"

in my last posting 1:48pm i said I had the following on screen - what do I select?

1. Reset this PC (lets you choose to keep or remove your files and then reinstalls Windows)
2. Advanced options

Can you confirm kemical you are still on the case?

Damn, apologies silverman i simply misread your post. If you want to RESET the pc then of course you want the first option 'Reset this pc'
The guide I posted above will also help you if your unsure about anything.

Last edited:
I don't knolw what happened but it rebooted back to the System_thread_Exception_not Handled screen. after running for about 10 min.

I will try another reset, if it runs again what can I do in between 5 and 10min to help. I may only get one chance

Back