Windows 10 System Thread Exception Not Handled (igdkmd64.sys) problem again

I don't knolw what happened but it rebooted back to the System_thread_Exception_not Handled screen. after running for about 10 min.
If it's still mentioning the same driver then use the time to boot into safe mode and remove the driver. Even if you can't get into safe mode 5 minutes should be plenty long enough to uninstall the gpu driver.

Silverman do you have the actual Windows 10 install disk?

I have a list in front of me showing all the programs, Just to be sure can you tell me the names as on the list, I assume I just right click and select remove/delete.
I have three groups marked: 3 x ASRock, 3 x Intel and 6 NVIDA you mention gpu driver, is that the 3 x Intel ? Sorry not to sure about your description.

It will be only one of the Intel drivers and it should say which one is the graphics driver.

You might as well remove the Asrock stuff too and then see where the land lies.

Your other drivers do need looking at but let's get you stable first.

Sorry I omitted to say I DON'T have Windows 10 install disk? it was a on-line free down - never had a disc for any of my computers.

Sorry posting crossed again: see my list above #22

The three I have are Intel update utility
Intel Smart Connect Service client
and
Intel Trusted Connect Service Client the only ones mentioning "Driver" are 4 of the NVIDA, and from what was said before these are not used

I can't see any Intel with the word "graphics" can you tell me how many down the list it is, two of us have looked and just can't see it.

Ok Silverman it sounds like it's already been removed. Thank you for the description of the remaining Intel drivers.

If the machine is still crashing over and over try removing all the drivers you outlined in post #42. If there's still no joy then try the Reset.

I am now even more confused:

Are you saying the first thing I should do is to create a create a install disk of win 10?

the link you added will this create a standard disk ? (CD or USB stick) also does it have to be done on the PC I am having problems with, or can I create this on any PC (with Win 10) and use it on any other PC? as a recovery disk

Or should I remove the Intel driver first (I we can find it)

Sorry to be a pain.

Going to have some tea, back in 15 min

Or should I remove the Intel driver first (I we can find it)
LOL.. :D So you found it.. Good news!

Please remove the Intel gpu driver then reboot.

See if the crashing has stopped.

Post back with the results and we'll go over what to do next.

Bon apetite!

Wrong again I said: Or should I remove the Intel driver first (I we can find it) which we have NOT.

You said I could move all I have three groups
marked: 3 x ASRock, (No drivers)
3 x Intel (No Drivers)
6 NVIDA (4 are drivers of sorts)

I would have thought removing some of the about would completely mess the computer up and It would not work at all (with the exception of the 6 NVIDA ans we are not using them I understand.

From #49 what should I do and in what order?

I now realise you meant 'if' we can find it meaning the intel gpu driver.

Wrong again
Seriously?

If the machine is still crashing a lot then use the other pc you have access to to download the windows 10 iso using the media creation tool You can download for either DVD or USB it's up to you.
Windows 10

Once you've completed this step post back and we'll go on to the rest.

What I have just done:
I managed to get it running with a normal start up, (for some reason the password logon was working (I disabled in 2 days ago to help me).
I then removed all the NVIDA Items (6 of them) whilst doing this I saw an Intel Driver. It was not showing when I copied the page first thing today so I deleted it. its done several re-boots in the process. after the first re-boot it's kept in safe mode. I also noticed a "Norton Security with Backup" 687 MB, should I delete that?
It still shows 49 programs.
Whilst typing this I have just seen it shut down - so that does not seemed to have solved it. I did not expect that whilst in Safe Mode.

I will now try restarting it again and firstly I will remove the "Norton Security Back up"

It booted up again in Safe Mode, I selected the "Norton Security with Backup" right clicked on remove and nothing has happened yet! (its a big file 687MB. Any reason why it's not allowing me to delete it?

I will try another re-boot

Hi kemical,

I think it may have improved, it runs for up to 20min I would guess. I can seem to remove the "Norton Security with Backup" for some reason. Also the Link to the Windows 10 in #52 does not seem to load on this Laptop, it does not load any pages! (This laptop is still using Norton - cant start anything else that's going to be a problem)

I can't seem to get our of Safe Mode, I have selected RUM and added msconfig, unticked SAFE MODE and selected start normal, but it still boots up in Safe mode.
Any suggestions?

What time do you finish, I was hoping to sort this problems to day. Wednesday is a busy day for me in the office, and I need to access some files if possible.

Is it possible for you to download the windows 10 iso on a different machine?

See if dxdiag will run in safe mode, save the information if it does and post. Simply type dxdiag in search or the run app.

It might be booting straight to safe mode because of a faulty component. See if you can get me the dxdiag please.

Sorry about that, I do appreciate your help, I started at about 4am, so also ready for a rest.

Just one last note for the day, how do I exit safe mode, I have gone to Run msconfig, selected normal startup clicked OK, but still starts in safe mode so I cant get to the link to the Norton Removal tool, I have CCleaner but can't run that either in safe mode.

Will check site again tomorrow.

Thanks

Sorry about that, I do appreciate your help, I started at about 4am, so also ready for a rest.

Just one last note for the day, how do I exit safe mode, I have gone to Run msconfig, selected normal startup clicked OK, but still starts in safe mode so I cant get to the link to the Norton Removal tool, I have CCleaner but can't run that either in safe mode.

Will check site again tomorrow.

Thanks
I'm saying that it could be booting into safe mode because of a broken component and so to advise you further I asked to see the dxdiag. Please post it if you can.

Back