Windows 10 There was an error decoding this link...

I'm running Win 10 with IE 11 and Outlook 2010.

If I click on the links on some emails, I get the message: There was an error decoding this link. Please try the link again, or contact the sender of the email.

This seemed to start after a Microsoft Support Engineer helped me get rid of the message "What app do you want to use?"

I stopped getting that message, but now I can't open any links on emails from two senders in particular. I contacted one sender and found messages from other users who are having the same problem. No mention of a fix. (Can't remember the name of the other site.)

Can anybody help?

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
If you hover over the link it should show the URL can you copy that here or does it contain and %## in it?

Try turning on Windows Firewall if it's off. I have read on different sites that some users have had issues with mail and windows updates when runnnig an AV solution with a built in firewall and Windows Firewal is turned off. Seems like the problems started after build 10586

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.