Windows 7 VPN so so slow in Win 7

joncam63

I installed VPN connection to work 5 weeks ago on my new Toshiba dual core i5 laptop and was working fine. Last Tuesday, my Win 7 system crashed and showed blue screen, when I made changes to my CA anti-virus software - to increase security setting. It kept on crashing when i try to connect to the internet using my broadband DSL. It rebooted itself 7 times when i try to connect. Frustrated, i reset the modem, and the blue screen went away. I also reset anti-virus to previous setting.

However, since then, my internet connection was slow and my VPN slower than a giant turtle walking on the beach. I got support from internet provided Telecom NZ and they said there's no problem with modem and bandwidth since I'm getting close to 10mbps when I’m not connected to VPN. However, I only get 0.16 mbps when VPN connected. The company helpdesk said the issue is not with their server since everybody else connecting through VPN had no issue. They checked my VPN settings in Win 7 and they were fine. I have my laptop connected hardwired to the modem.

I have no clue on how to resolve this issue.
A friend said maybe the registry got corrupted and advised me to get one.
Please advise. It's extremely hard to work with dial up speed.

Back