Windows 10 Win 10 Freezing after startup

It might even be the actual dimm slot as you say. If you know for certain which is a good RAM stick you could try running it in that slot and see if anything occurs, if it does then chances are it's the slot.

So I had enough with that MSI board and bit bullet on asrock x99x fatality. First day with it and new install. So far rock solid. Running all 4 sticks of RAM (even the one that wouldn't show up on the old MSI board) with no issues. I'll update if the freeze comes back but I'm thinking that msi mobo might have been to problem all along. Bad reviews on it =/

So I had enough with that MSI board and bit bullet on asrock x99x fatality. First day with it and new install. So far rock solid. Running all 4 sticks of RAM (even the one that wouldn't show up on the old MSI board) with no issues. I'll update if the freeze comes back but I'm thinking that msi mobo might have been to problem all along. Bad reviews on it =/
So it looks like it was the board after all..... Wow! Well I'm glad you at least found a solution of sorts and being able to still use the old RAM is a nice bonus I guess. If any issues crop up please post again. Best of luck with the new board.. :)

Back