Windows 10 Win10 PC programs and Features pane lost all programs just shows Msoft OneDrive !

DBenz

Hi,
A friend (who has installed win10 onto his win xp PC and is using classic shell but struggling with the new experience of 10) was following my simple steps to download a screenshare exe file and see if it showed malware as I am seeing in Virustotal.com, Firstly he set the download file option to 'ask where to save it' in Chrome, Edge and Firefox. Downloaded the file though it saved without asking him. He found it on C drive. He then inadvertently double clicked the exe, it installed, so he wanted to uninstall it, he went start > settings >control panel >programs and features, right clicked screenleap and chose uninstall, it got so far and got stuck, he went back to desktop also a rotating ring, pc not right, so rebooted PC. Go back in there to that list again and all the progs are now gone, just says Microsoft OneDrive. He tried launching Msoft word and it was ok, then a few other progs, all ran, so the screen saying 1 prog installed that sounded scary did not denote that he had uninstalled everything !

see attached image.

and now Chrome has appeared in that pane to keep Msoft OneDrive company !

I am win7 so I dont have a clue what win10 has done.

What has happened and how can he get his programs list back ?

Regards

DBenz

Attachments

• onedrive.png
    onedrive.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 140
If he ran something malicious it would be hard to tell what it did save for reverse engineering the malware. It's possible the values in HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall. That's the location for all the uninstallers listed in the control panel

If he ran something malicious it would be hard to tell what it did save for reverse engineering the malware. It's possible the values in HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall. That's the location for all the uninstallers listed in the control panel
Hi, screenleap.com screenleapInst.exe is not malicious as such. though www.virustotal.com shows malware, malwarrebytes shows it clean.

He hasnt unistalled any progs else they wouldnt be still working.

Just what does he have to do to get the list back ?

I dont understand the bit about the HKLM address, should he go there and then what ?

DBenz

Back