Windows 7 Windows 7 64bit Router Problems

WightWalker

I've been rumming the Windows 7 Ulimate RTM Release in 32bit for months with the system connecting to the internet immeadiately every time it was booted up - the router is a Netgear MIMO FSD9630.

Having just taken delivery of Windows 7 Home, I installed the 64bit version which, as far as I know, went pretty well with only a few applications that caused problems - Outlook 2003 (required SP3), Adobe Acrobat 2007 (needs a later version).

I have just noticed that the PC doesn't connect to internet straight away and requires a second boot. - I also can't 'talk' to the router via the browser at any stage.

I've connected a second router, DLink, which also takes two boots to get connecetd to the internet - however, I can access this router via the browser to view/change settings.

Anyone any ideas - it's not a major issue as I have a number of different operating systems which allow access to the router but I would like to getted internet connectivity on the first boot in 64bit as I do in 32bit (& did at the beginning of 64bit)

Did you check the manufacturer's site to see if there was an upgrade for 64 bit?
Joe

After a bit of searching, I managed to find drivers for the nVidia nforce network adaptor - system now boots straight up with internet connected.

Still can't access the functions in the router - I'm going to try a different network card to see if that makes a difference.

Doesn't the instruction manual that came with your router tell you an IP Address that you type into your browser to get to the router controls? Mine does.

You have to have a hard wired connection to use it though.

Doesn't the instruction manual that came with your router tell you an IP Address that you type into your browser to get to the router controls? Mine does.

You have to have a hard wired connection to use it though.

Yep it does, - http://192.168.2.1, BUT apart from the Home page, NONE of the other functions are accessible.

I've changed the Ethernet Card - no difference.

Using the SAME hardware on my system, Windows 7 RTM (32bit), Windows XP SP3 (32bit) & Windows Vista SP1 (32bit) ALL work with ALL sub-menus accessible from either IE8 or Firefox 3.5.3.

It's a bug. Something causes the router to become confused. Reboot the router... much easier than working on the computer. I've only seen it 2 or 3 times in several months. When you google you'll find many people have this problem.

I just fixed the problem & feel really stupid - all that was required was to log in - it's a long time since I installed it & don't have a user password, so assumed that it didn't require me to log in.

Thanks for all the help :redface:

Back
Top Bottom