Windows 7 Windows 7 Background Problem

cancerous86

I have an issue with Windows 7 changing the color/contrast/brightness of images set as a background. These images have the correct color/brightness when viewed by any other means (Windows Image Viewer, GIMP, FF, IE8), however, when they are set as a background it appears the brightness of the image is increased significantly. This, in many instances (especially images with bright whites), distorts the image and makes it very difficult to see.

In the process of trying to fix this, I have gone through the Windows 7 color calibration, have tweaked color settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel, and have scoured the internet trying to find others experiencing this (all of which accomplished nothing)

I have included a screenshot of my desktop with the problem being extremely obvious (desktop on the left, Windows Photo Viewer on the right).

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Machine:
Lenovo Business Desktop (added video card and RAM)
AMD Athlon 4400+ 64x2 @ 2.30 ghz
2 GB RAM @ 800mhz
MSI NVIDIA GeForce NX8500GT 512mb DDR2
Display 1: ASUS 19in Widescreen @ 1680x1050 VGA cable
Display 2: Vizio VW32L 32in Widescreen @ 1280x720p DVI-to-HDMI
Windows 7 RC Build 7100

(not sure if the above info is relevant, just seems to be included on most issues in forums)

How are you changing the wallpaper? ie. through IE, FF, desktop context menu?

All methods that I know of yield the same result. Right-clicking on an image in explorer, right clicking in any browser, and through the Themes menu (even tried previewing in Image Viewer, then setting as BG from there).

I've been using dark backgrounds, so it's not as annoying. Still an issue though. I think I might just wipe and reinstall, it is only a test machine after all.

U can Always TRY to adjust the Gamma Slider in the nVidia control Panel Play around Until u get it how u Likes it...

hope this Helps..

U can Always TRY to adjust the Gamma Slider in the nVidia control Panel Play around Until u get it how u Likes it...

hope this Helps..

You might be able to offer better insight if you actually read my first post. All color settings are correct, and the image appears correctly under Windows Image Viewer.

Regardless, I reinstalled windows about a month ago and that fixed the problem.

Thanks anyway.

I got the same problem. The brightness of the background wallpaper becomes very bright and overpowers anything else on the screen.

I have upgraded my Windows 7 RC to Windows 7 RTM but has not fixed the problem.

I have tried many things, including updating video drivers, changing to default backgrounds, etc..

The only thing that fixes it is if I reboot the PC after I change the wallpaper.

If anyone got any idea how to fix this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Wobble

Solution

Try use program Wallperizer. It is small and free. Have option to change wallpape, or use static.Option to change brightness,gamma...Have cool calendar etc.

Better than original Win7 slideshow.

I use it, and I love it.Slideshow is better than Dreamscene or Deskscapes.Use less procesor power.

Withall you allways have some cool wallpaper on your computer!

-Grretings-

:razz::razz::razz::razz:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom