Windows 7 Windows 7 Freezes Right After Login

cwweeks

Hi computer geniuses

Need some help. Just earlier this week I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 and the first 2-3 days the computer was fine. When I went to turn on the computer Thursday, my desktop was basically locked. I couldn't click the task bar (it had that circular blue loading mouse symbol) and the same thing happens when I click a shortcut on my desktop. I cant get my task manager up, however everything works fine when I run in safe mode. I tried to install both XP and Vista (booting from disk) about 5 mins into the installation Blue Screen of Death.

Manufacturer: Gateway
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 3062MB RAM DDR3
Hard Drive: 739 GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

They always say if it runs ok in Safe mode, you probably have a driver problem.

Can you get into the Event Viewer to see if any errors are showing up?

Can you check Windows Update history to see if you got any updates during this recent period?

Maybe run a SFC /scannow command for an administrative command prompt.

Ok, so i got into event view and these are the errors that show up, im not to computer/tech savy so can you explain what i need to do in baby steps. I went to the system recovery and the last item installed was JMB36X Raid Configurer, so could this be the problem? If so how do i Fix it.

Below are the event errors

Activation context generation failed for "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR.dll".Error in manifest or policy file "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR.dll" on line 3. The value "MAJOR_VERSION.MINOR_VERSION.BUILD_NUMBER_MAJOR.BUILD_NUMBER_MINOR" of attribute "version" in element "assemblyIdentity" is invalid.

Error: CreateFile(KMXAGENT) error 2

Error: Cannot open kmxagent driver

Failed to create restore point (Process = C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs; Description = Windows Update; Error = 0x80042318).

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: An internal inconsistency was detected in trying to contact shadow copy service writers. The Registry Writer failed to respond to a query from VSS. Check to see that the Event Service and Volume Shadow Copy Service are operating properly, and please check the Application event log for any other events.

The program iw4mp.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: f44
Start Time: 01cab109f739bc88
Termination Time: 68
Application Path: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\call of duty modern warfare 2\iw4mp.exe
Report Id:

The description for Event ID 4373 from source NtServicePack_HDA cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Windows
Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Well....

Adobe Air seems to be having a problem along with Steam. It is hard to tell if these things are causing the problem, or a result of.

I always try to tie the time of the problem to an event log. If the times agree, it narrows down what might be going on.

Try shutting down steam and Possibly uninstalling Adobe Air. I have steam with my game, but no errors like you seem to be indicating.

Did you run the SFC /scannow command?

How do i run that scannow thing? and i've done a system restore and its working fine. Adobe Air is also uninstalled now.

To run a System File Check, open an administrative command prompt (type cmd in the Start menu search box, then hit CTRL+SHIFT Enter) Type the command and hit enter after.
SFC /scannow there is a space after SFC...

Back
Top Bottom