Windows 7 Windows 7 Installation Error "No Device drivers"

madee4u

"No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click ok"

IVe been trying to install Windows 7 RC on my Sony Vaio VGN 123 E and i managed to get my DVD fully working (booting windows 7 installation and all), but the las issue im having installing Windows 7 is that eveyrtime i get into the Install now screen, and i click on install now, it goes and show me a screen with this message:

No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click ok.

That message gives me 3 buttons: ok, cancel and browse, neither of OK and CANCEL would let me through the install, and with browse i have tried to find those missing drivers but without succeed.

I have read almost every near installation post on this forum and googled that error with no further

FYI:Vista Home Premium already Installed on Laptop

answers,
Ill appreaciate your help
Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome,

Di you burn the ISO at the slowest speed possible (1x)?

You want to do a "clean" install, re-formatting your hard drive. Do not go the upgrade route.

Is this the official RC directly from MS?

Check here for hardware compatibility:
Windows Vista Compatibility Center

Some people are having problems with older DVD Roms.

Last Resort

Try extracting your ISO to a folder (UltraISO or equivalent) and run setup.exe from there. Maybe fix problem, maybe not......:D

For anyone running Vista, you can copy or download the 7 .iso onto the Vista partition.

Then install the free ( unregistered ) version of PowerIso - you can create a virtual dvddrive with that in 1 click - mount the iso to that virtual drive and install from there.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Obviously, point the installer at the other partition you previously created for 7 - you should get a perfect dual boot in 20 mins or so - depends on the speed of your machine.

I often install that way.

Please read full post to know the complete scenario

1) I had Vista Home Premium Sony Laptop working perfect and now tried to upgrade to windows 7
2) I got first message after clicking install,
"Two consecutive error messages when you try to upgrade a computer that is running Windows Vista: "Upgrade has been disabled" and then "The upgrade cannot be started"
3) Two consecutive error messages when you try to upgrade a computer that is running Windows Vista: "Upgrade has been disabled" and then "The upgrade cannot be started" , followed kb article and uninstalled vista service pack 1 to resolve the issue.
4) BANG !...After uninstall, system never rebooted and felt very disappointed assuming unnecessarily I tried to upgrade when my home vista is working perfectly
5) Again, Inserted windows 7 dvd and got the above topic message
" No Device Drivers Error Message ....Windows 7"
6) As per your last two posts, which tells to see device manager which cannot be done at this moment, because laptop is crashed completely and doesn't boot.
7) vista restore and repair options and no luck

FYI: 1) Burned windows 7 CD at very low speed
2) Can't go for fresh install because I will loose my data which I didn't back up for the above reasons , it was working perfect and the above kb article screwed up everything.
3) Only upgrade will help to restore my data

Last edited:
madee4u,

Can you hit the F8 key and get into Safe Mode.

Remember to remove the DVD first.

Windows 7 didn't work out for me

I gave up windows 7 and tried a lot . I did burned CD at 2x speed but still show the same error for Cd/DVD drivers.
Anyway,
I restored my data using Linux Ubuntu and installed fresh install windows vista ultimate......successfully installed

If some one posts solution for window 7 problem then i would try to install it again .....till I am fine with vista

Back