Windows 7 WIndows 7 instlation crashes

Dravack

I've had the hardest time with this installation of 7. From blue screens to installation of programs crashing.

Thats my problem right now I have windows 7 64-bit up and running. But when I try to install ANYTHING even msn the installation program crashes.

Any suggestions? Or should I just format and try again? This is really stressing me out. It has seriously taken way to long for a simple pc assemble and os instlation.

Everything is new never had any os on it before or plugged into another system etc..

Not sure if any of this matters but heres the current build. This is kinda my first time to build a pc so be gentle please. =P
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 3 GHz 1333MHz 6 MB LGA775 CPU BX80570E8400
Memory: CORSAIR XMS2 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
Videocard: PNY - XLR8 NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express Graphics Card

Are you sure that all of your RAM parts etc are compatible with the other parts in your computer?
You should also try removing some of the RAM modules to see if the problems cease.

I think all is compatible. The mother board says Memory Standard DDR2 1366+/1066/800/667 and the memory is Speed DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

The processor is LGA 775 and the motherboard also says LGA 775 so that should work right? What else might not be compatiable?

I'll try the memory thing tonight. I'll just try installing with one stick and then the other.
If that doesn't work any other ideas on what it might be or how I might fix it? Tests I should run?

Also should I try installing 64 bit again or 32 bit? I had problems with the installation of both.. =/
I'm wondering if Microsoft might of sent me the "upgrade" version would that affect anything? Should I try installing xp or vista then doing an upgrade to 7?

Well, since your processor supports 64-bit, that's the way I'd go again.
Microsoft sent it to you? Was it a student offer or a free upgrade for a new PC? Because if so, then you do have an "Upgrade only" copy.

I did a preorder with the student price yes. I tried going online to see if I could pull up the receipt on their page but since I did it over the phone it wasn't listed on there. The case just says windows 7. So I'm not sure which its suppose to be. But I have gotten it to install it just has the problem with programs installing once I get it installed.

I also originally had this problem but solved it by removing usb devices. Once I also got an error message on the oringal HDD i tried to install it to about a bad kernel I have since then changed out HDDs

Link Removed due to 404 Error

oh so if I got the student discount one its upgrade only? I thought that might of been true. But I didn't think it would of installed at all if it was. Could the upgrade thing be causing these problems?

Just install xp or vista then do an "upgrade" to 7?

I don't think it would have installed either.
Yeah, you can install Vista and then upgrade but that will create more problems
You should buy a full edition for a clean install

Phone the digital river or microsoft line and ask them if it is in fact upgrade only.

If it turns out not to be the problem the upgrade thing I mean. What else would you recommend? If it was a problem with the proccessor the system wouldn't run right? And there would be no image if it was the video card? So those two must be good? Cd would not be read if it was the cd drive. and two bad hdd? one from bestbuy one from woot (yay for woot offs) So I assume atleast one of those is good.

That leaves the memory, bios, and drivers.
The bios is a possibility. This motherboard is crazy to me lol way to many options for a noob like myself. I'd need help telling whats what and what it should be.

Drivers I asked some others about and they said they have never heard of needing to install the drivers before the OS since most things are plug and play. But 7 does have a driver load option should I try that?

As for the memory I'll try one stick at a time tonight if that doesn't work only other option would be to buy more memory but I'd rather not blow another 80$ if it can be avoided.

And now to call Microsoft and let them put me on hold yay! Sorry for all the rambling. and thanks for helping!

you're very welcome, and that's no problem.
I won't say anything more until you test the RAM.
Cheers,
Mitchell

okay so with one stick of memory I get this error message again.

"Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570"

I'm going to try the other stick in a second and will post the results.

on the second I just get a beeping sound for awhile then it stops then beeps again then stops idea?

and in the time it took me to post that it came on?

okay so i think your a genius! lol well i have my fingers crossed anyway. the instlation of 7 went smoothly on the other stick of memory about to see if i can install once it loads

Last edited:
Yup it works great now! Thank you sooooo much!!! I'll put in a good word with the big guy in the red suit for you!! Again thank you! I'm so happy it's running now.

Back
Top Bottom