Windows 7 Windows 7 no task bar, no icons only cursor

Lapiz

Hello,
I have problem when my windows 7 it does not load task bar or icons all and i cant do anything only have cursor i tried last known good configuration but it didn't help I think its something in registry. I can boot system up in safe mode. Can anyone help me ? Thanks!

Last edited:
This happens when Windows Explorer crashes of freezes.
If you can get to Task Manager (CTRL ALT Delete) you can tell you computer to restart and it will fix it.

As a last resort you can shut your computer down manually and restart.

Hi

From the Command Prompt in Administrator mode (right click on the command prompt and click on "Run as administrator" type...

SFC /scannow

Windows will run a check of all the system files to see if any are missing or corrupted and fix them if they are.

See if that fixes it.

Boot into Safe Mode and see if the same thing happens?

If you don't have CCleaner download it and run it.
Both the cleaner and the registry cleaner.

Also look under Tools at the things that load at start up and see if there is anything that doesn't look like it should be there or that you can do without.

Download Malwarebytes if you don't have it already and run that.
I also use SuperAntiSpyware to clean my computer.

You might also run the Windows built in Disk Check utility.

Mike

Hello
I already did SFC /scannow it didn't help

Safe mode doesn't have same problem and i disabled all unnecessary programs on start up the only thing i didn't do is virus scan i have SUPAERAntispyware Malwarebytes and Avast! i don't think i have virus on my system I also used registry cleaner its called Advanced system care 6 it didn't work but I will run a virus scan thanks for help !

Hi

All I can suggest is that since it doesn't do it in Safe Mode then something you are loading is probably the problem.

You can try using "msconfig" from the run menu, to tell the computer to boot with minimal apps and see if you can track it down by adding a few at a time, i.e. if you add 3 and it starts having the problem then narrow it down from those etc.

Check to see if you can update things like your video drivers.

Mike

Thanks for replying! I will try and load with minimal programs and see if it helps.

Hi

All I can suggest is that since it doesn't do it in Safe Mode then something you are loading is probably the problem.

You can try using "msconfig" from the run menu, to tell the computer to boot with minimal apps and see if you can track it down by adding a few at a time, i.e. if you add 3 and it starts having the problem then narrow it down from those etc.

Check to see if you can update things like your video drivers.

Mike
Everything is up to date. Virus scan didn't help and i disabled programs on start up didn't help either. I wonder if updating windows will help ?

Back
Top Bottom