Windows 7 refuses to totally reset - help!

crossways

I am trying to factory reset my Samsung R519 laptop (running Windows 7 home premium) in order to recycle it but have encountered a problem: once the Samsung Recovery Solution 4 utility has finished using the 'initial computer status' recovery option and the system reboots, I still get the Windows login screen in my user name and it asks for my password.

Once logged in there is a folder under: computer/local disk/Intel/Perflogs/Program files/Users/Administrator/ with my name and a padlock on it - although all folders are clear of any personal data and everything else seems to be at the original factory stage (i.e. starter software, Office trial etc.). In settings I can sort out the user name (to 'blank' or whatever) and also clear the password to none but upon restart the named folder still remains. This is very annoying – any thoughts please as to how to sort this?

Thanks

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Most manufacturer restore utilities will have a soft and hard reset options. The hard, or destructive, option is what you'd need to use to wipe out all the data

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.