Windows 7 Windows 7RC 64-bit crash and freeze issue

Mds

Hello!
My win7 was working perfectly for about a month.
About 2 days ago i started getting blue screens on my W7RC 64-bit. And that was traced down to one of my DDR3 sticks, which still had warranty and I got a new set yesterday.

Right after the new RAM arrived and i inserted it, I started getting crashes.
Thinking that I might have screwed up the installation I did a fresh install, since I wanted to do that anyway, cause I had W7 on a very small HDD.

But the problem persists, and it's not like when I had the faulty memory stick, this time it simply reboots, or freezes. No blue screen at all(I have turned the auto reboot off). So that makes me think that it's not my new RAM, and I refuse to think that it's faulty AGAIN.
I only got one blue screen right after installing windows and it was about BAD POOL HEADER.

I spent the whole of yesterday trying to figure this out and so far I've managed to find that the system works fine with just one RAM stick.
And I'm starting to suspect ACPI on all of this, cause when I disable ACPI in BIOS i can't even load windows, it reboots at the "Windows Starting" screen.

I brought my RAM sticks to work today and I'll be running some memtests on them to see if its the problem.

My specs:

Motherboard: Asus P5E3 Deluxe DDR3 version
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
RAM: 3x2GB Corsair XMS3 DDR 1333MHZ
VGA: Asus 4870 GDDR5 1GB

p.s. no OC has been done, ever.

Hello!
My win7 was working perfectly for about a month.
About 2 days ago i started getting blue screens on my W7RC 64-bit. And that was traced down to one of my DDR3 sticks, which still had warranty and I got a new set yesterday.

Right after the new RAM arrived and i inserted it, I started getting crashes.
Thinking that I might have screwed up the installation I did a fresh install, since I wanted to do that anyway, cause I had W7 on a very small HDD.

But the problem persists, and it's not like when I had the faulty memory stick, this time it simply reboots, or freezes. No blue screen at all(I have turned the auto reboot off). So that makes me think that it's not my new RAM, and I refuse to think that it's faulty AGAIN.
I only got one blue screen right after installing windows and it was about BAD POOL HEADER.

I spent the whole of yesterday trying to figure this out and so far I've managed to find that the system works fine with just one RAM stick.
And I'm starting to suspect ACPI on all of this, cause when I disable ACPI in BIOS i can't even load windows, it reboots at the "Windows Starting" screen.

I brought my RAM sticks to work today and I'll be running some memtests on them to see if its the problem.

My specs:

Motherboard: Asus P5E3 Deluxe DDR3 version
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
RAM: 3x2GB Corsair XMS3 DDR 1333MHZ
VGA: Asus 4870 GDDR5 1GB

p.s. no OC has been done, ever.

have you tried flashing the bios? might help... is your ram in dual channel or single channel?

Back
Top Bottom