Windows 7 Windows cannot access \\network error code 0x8007035

jimbo45

Why is it always such a hassle to be able to share files across a LAN
4 Computers on a Local Lan.
A) BLACKDOG running VISTA X-64
B) REDFOX running W7 X-64 (test machine)
C) BROWNBEAR Running XP Sp3.
D) BLUEBOAR running W7 X-32
Workgroup name JIMSVPN
ALL FIREWALLS and AV software switched off.
All members of same workgroup with file and printer sharing enabled. Network discovery turned on.
No duplicate computer names or "Duplicate IP addresses".
Computer A) the Vista machine can see and access everything on computers B) ,C) and D)
Computer C) the XP machine can see and access everything on computers A), B), and D)
Computer D) the W7 X-32 machine can see and access everything on computers A), B) and C).
Computer B) the W7 X-64 machine can see computers A), C), and D) but can't access anything on them

Get message for example Windows Cannot access \\BLACKDOG Error code 0x0070035 Network path is not found
or Windows cannot access \\BROWNBEAR error code as before

Of course the stupid Diagnostics can't find anything.

I can Ping computers A), C) and D)
I can even RDP computers A) and D) from computer C).

HELP -- any ideas here -- I've even switched network adapters around (Wireless / PC express / USP==>Lan just to eliminate any problems with the LAN card).

Networking shouldn't be this difficult for a simple home LAN.

Any ideas anyone.

Cheers
jimbo

Last edited:
let me help

Easiest way I found is to go to the drive's Properties, select the Security Tab and enable Full Control for Everyone. This worked for me and my buddy also running Win7.

Why is it always such a hassle to be able to share files across a LAN
4 Computers on a Local Lan.
A) BLACKDOG running VISTA X-64
B) REDFOX running W7 X-64 (test machine)
C) BROWNBEAR Running XP Sp3.
D) BLUEBOAR running W7 X-32
Workgroup name JIMSVPN
ALL FIREWALLS and AV software switched off.
All members of same workgroup with file and printer sharing enabled. Network discovery turned on.
No duplicate computer names or \"Duplicate IP addresses\".
Computer A) the Vista machine can see and access everything on computers B) ,C) and D)
Computer C) the XP machine can see and access everything on computers A), B), and D)
Computer D) the W7 X-32 machine can see and access everything on computers A), B) and C).
Computer B) the W7 X-64 machine can see computers A), C), and D) but can't access anything on them

Get message for example Windows Cannot access \\BLACKDOG Error code 0x0070035 Network path is not found
or Windows cannot access \\BROWNBEAR error code as before

Of course the stupid Diagnostics can't find anything.

I can Ping computers A), C) and D)
I can even RDP computers A) and D) from computer C).

HELP -- any ideas here -- I've even switched network adapters around (Wireless / PC express / USP==>Lan just to eliminate any problems with the LAN card).

Networking shouldn't be this difficult for a simple home LAN.

Any ideas anyone.

Cheers
jimbo
Deleted my post because OP has Turned Off ALL FireWalls which I missed .Regret my oversight.

Last edited:
Well can you ping any computers adress from it?
if so try typing "\\192.168.1.10" <-- example IP from destination computer could be different.
just type it in the adress bar instead of "\\BLACKDOG"

IP should be blackdog´s adress.

Deleted my post because OP has Turned Off ALL FireWalls which I missed .Regret my oversight.

On re-reading your well documented post I have two steps to offer
  1. Restart Computer Browser service
  2. Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP
Sometimes shutting down all the computers and restarting them would re-establish the function if the problem occurs in a previously normal functioning network. This is the problem of Master Browser "sleeping while on guard duty" situation. The numbered steps above are for a new network setup especially after making a lot of changes.

Had the same problem, here's how I solved this: under network properties check if Client For Microsoft Networks is installed or checked. If not use the install button and restart your PC.
Hope this helps.

Thank you very much. Checking "client for Microsoft Networks" did the trick for me. I had be looking for resolution to this problem for two weeks.

Jimbo45:
From your original post "B) REDFOX running W7 X-64 (test machine)" "Computer B) the W7 X-64 machine can see computers A), C), and D) but can't access anything on them" Excellent problem....I'm assuming, based on your original post that everything is fine with (netbios over tcp/ip enabled, computer browser service set to auto and running, client for microsoft networks is good) so I'm betting it's either corruption in the local netbios cache on the 64bit win 7 machine, to eliminate this as a potential problem try using \\192.168.nnn.nnn and see if that produces a different result, or try from an elevated command prompt typing nbtstat -RR that should (but not always) purge and reload the local netbios cache. Or finally and probably more likely as cmn hit on in post #5 it is a "Master Browser" election war and you might try bringing the Win7 64bit machine up first, then the Win7 32bit machine leaving off the other two and see if just those two play nice, then introduce the Vista machine and check again, then finally the XP machine if it's pro I know they sometimes insist on being the "Master Browser" and can complicate things. I know there is a way to set behavior for browser/master browser relationships, but I'll have to do some googling to refresh my memory.

Check you Helper netbios over Tcp/ip, it must be running. Otherwise if your networking is fine, uninstall and then reinstall client for ms network from your nic.

Back
Top Bottom