Windows 7 Windows customization help.

ofap

Hi, I had Windows 7, but then I had to re-format the PC and now it's not like I had before. Maybe you guys can help me put it just the way it was.

Number one - It used to open all windows of the same type (ie. all IE's windows, all explorer's windows) in one tab, that after clicked would display a menu, or the Aero Peek of the different windows, that appeared in the taskbar. Now it opens every window in a seperate tab.

Number two -The items that I pinned to the taskbar used to stay there, regardless of I open them or not. Now, if I open one of those that are pinned, they are gone untill I close said program.

Number three - How to activate the drag and drop in the start menu. I can only open stuff, even when I click and hold.

Number four - How do I make items in the taskbar larger? They seem smaller

That's all, and would be a great help. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi and you are welcome to win7forums. :)

Number one - It used to open all windows of the same type (ie. all IE's windows, all explorer's windows) in one tab, that after clicked would display a menu, or the Aero Peek of the different windows, that appeared in the taskbar. Now it opens every window in a seperate tab.

Do you mean taskbar grouping ?

Number two -The items that I pinned to the taskbar used to stay there, regardless of I open them or not. Now, if I open one of those that are pinned, they are gone untill I close said program.

Right click on a shortcut > Pin to taskbar. (Although not all program shortcuts can be pinned this way). Also enable grouping in Taskbar and Start menu Properties.

PinToTaskbar_Win7_1.jpg

Number three - How to activate the drag and drop in the start menu. I can only open stuff, even when I click and hold.

Control Panel > Taskbar and Start Menu Properties > Customize, check the corresponding option to enable drag and drop.

taskbar_start_menu_properties%5B8%5D.jpg

Number four - How do I make items in the taskbar larger? They seem smaller

Same, Taskbar and Start Menu Properties > Uncheck "Use small icons"

captured_Image.png7_thumb.png

Hi and you are welcome to win7forums. :)

Do you mean taskbar grouping ?

Right click on a shortcut > Pin to taskbar. (Although not all program shortcuts can be pinned this way). Also enable grouping in Taskbar and Start menu Properties.

PinToTaskbar_Win7_1.jpg

Control Panel > Taskbar and Start Menu Properties > Customize, check the corresponding option to enable drag and drop.

taskbar_start_menu_properties%5B8%5D.jpg

Same, Taskbar and Start Menu Properties > Uncheck "Use small icons"

captured_Image.png7_thumb.png

Thanks alot! This really helped me!

Back
Top Bottom