Windows 10 Windows desktop Not there/Browsers Not opening

I have been having a problem with my main PC not loading google chrome periodically.
I have tried to fix this by re installing chrome, however, it then got stuck not opening the uninstaller for chrome.
I have then restarted it a couple of times, each time trying to uninstall chrome. It then started getting a fault with microsoft edge not connecting to the internet properly (The PC was still conected, as it could still stream spotify).
Yesterday, for some unknown reason, whilst watching youtube, the task bar disappeared, and the desktop complete with icons also disappeared. I could still navigate around the programs I had open using alt tab. I closed to pc down, using Ctrl Alt Delete.
When I fired it up today, the desktop still wasn't there. Just a blank screen, with only the change desktop taskbar icon on my 2nd monitor.
During the process of writing this, it has loaded up, and chrome has loaded, however, it isn't loading any web pages.
Is there anything that I can do to fix this/stop it from continuing to do this?

Hi,
try running a malware scan: (it's free)
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium

Run these scan to check on Windows:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Last edited:
Hi Jammmmmmieblak!

Hey that's great to hear. If the issue should re-occur then post back.. :)

Back