Windows 7 Windows Explorer starting postion

honsbeek

Hello ,

My question is about windows explorer (the yellow folder we click to browse our files ^^)

When I click it , it defaults in the "Library" I wish to change this starting position to another

default location , how can I do this ?

thank you

Ralph

Right click it, then right click Windows Explorer near the bottom of the context menu, and choose properties.
I changed mine to default to "Computer" by editing the target box and entering %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /E,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}
here's a link to some other options for the target path
Link Removed - Not Found
you didn't mention the location or target you had in mind so I don't know if this will help you or not.

Alternatively you can go into your start menu and drag your username out to the desktop. This will create a shortcut with your username on it. Clicking that will start explorer in the updated version of the "My Files" location you would see in in XP.

If you want to start from "My Computer" just drag the word "Computer" to your desktop. This will create a shortcut for you, and you can start from your disk drives.

Same trick for "Network"... starts at "My Network".

If this does it for you, you can simply unpin the Libraries from your Taskbar and you're good to go...

(You can also start from your user folder by clicking these things in the start menu... There's no real need to make a desktop shortcut, I just find them very convenient.)

Back