Windows 8 Windows is grayscale after installing windows 8.1

ant1nam3

Before I installed windows 8.1 my monitor(s) were working fine. After I installed it, exactly the moment I got to my desktop, everything became gray-scale, and it stays that way. My other monitor works 100% fine. The problem lies in my Samsung SyncMaster SA350 monitor, which I am connected with by HDMI.

My GPU is an MSI Radeon HD 7770.

To resolve this issue I have tried to;
update my drivers for my monitor, and my gpu
configure amd Catalyst Control Center
update windows
run the computer on my integrated graphics card (does not help the problem) (the hdmi cable was originally in my gpu port)

disconnect the Samsung monitor from the PC, then unplug it from the AC power source for 2 minutes. During the 2 minute waiting period, reboot the PC with the Samsung monitor unplug from the PC and power source, let the PC boot up fully, then plug the monitor to the power source, and then connect it to the PC, preferably with a DVI cable if it supports it and see if it works correctly.

disconnect the Samsung monitor from the PC, then unplug it from the AC power source for 2 minutes. During the 2 minute waiting period, reboot the PC with the Samsung monitor unplug from the PC and power source, let the PC boot up fully, then plug the monitor to the power source, and then connect it to the PC, preferably with a DVI cable if it supports it and see if it works correctly.

ughh sorry to waste your time. Monitor appears very broken (power cable I wont bother to replace) anyway.terribly sorry :'(

Back
Top Bottom