Windows Vista Windows Live Movie Maker Load Error 0x80004005

orlan

I downloaded Windows Live Movie Maker (WLMM) and installed it. When I try to use it I get a load error msg: WLMM encounter an unexpected error and has shut down. Error 0x80004005. I tried to uninstall and reinstall it but there is no straight way of doing it with Live Mail being installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks orlan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 7 Home Premium -64Bit - Dell 435T - 6GB RAM - WD 1.5 TB External HD - IE8 - Avast Antivirus 5.0 - Spybot S&D - ZoneAlarmPro - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - Windows Defender - Windows Malicious Software Removal - SuperAntiSpyware - Spyware Blaster - cCleaner - Glary Utilities - Speccy - Dialup.

We assume something has gone wrong with the install. In this case, you may want to consider uninstalling all Windows Live utilities and re-installing them. Your e-mails should will likely be preserved under this scenario when re-installing Live Mail. If not, you need to back-up the Windows Live Mail mail file before doing the uninstall.

How to Backup Windows Live Mail: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Welcome to the forums, LiveMovieMaker. Thanks for this post.

Mike

Thanks very much for your reply to my problem. Unfortunately uninstalling all Window Live utilities and reinstalling did not work. After backing up Live Mail and creating a restore point, I deleted every instance of Windows Live and then tried to download Live Mail and Movie Maker. The Windows Live download web page said I already had Mail and Movie Maker and would not allow me to download these two. Not being allowed to download, I had to use my restore point to get back Live Mail. I can access mail but I still get the same load error msg for Movie Maker. Unless you have another suggestion I am at a "Catch 22" situation.

Again thanks for you help and rapid reply to my problem.

regards
orlan

Mike

Again thanks for your help. I downloaded the beta version and was successful in getting Movie Maker, Photo Gallery and Mail to work without any problems at this point.

regards and thanks
orlan

Back