Windows Vista Windows Live Movie Maker Load Error 0x80004005

orlan

I downloaded Windows Live Movie Maker (WLMM) and installed it. When I try to use it I get a load error msg: WLMM encounter an unexpected error and has shut down. Error 0x80004005. I tried to uninstall and reinstall it but there is no straight way of doing it with Live Mail being installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks orlan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 7 Home Premium -64Bit - Dell 435T - 6GB RAM - WD 1.5 TB External HD - IE8 - Avast Antivirus 5.0 - Spybot S&D - ZoneAlarmPro - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - Windows Defender - Windows Malicious Software Removal - SuperAntiSpyware - Spyware Blaster - cCleaner - Glary Utilities - Speccy - Dialup.

We assume something has gone wrong with the install. In this case, you may want to consider uninstalling all Windows Live utilities and re-installing them. Your e-mails should will likely be preserved under this scenario when re-installing Live Mail. If not, you need to back-up the Windows Live Mail mail file before doing the uninstall.

How to Backup Windows Live Mail: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Mike

Thanks very much for your reply to my problem. Unfortunately uninstalling all Window Live utilities and reinstalling did not work. After backing up Live Mail and creating a restore point, I deleted every instance of Windows Live and then tried to download Live Mail and Movie Maker. The Windows Live download web page said I already had Mail and Movie Maker and would not allow me to download these two. Not being allowed to download, I had to use my restore point to get back Live Mail. I can access mail but I still get the same load error msg for Movie Maker. Unless you have another suggestion I am at a "Catch 22" situation.

Again thanks for you help and rapid reply to my problem.

regards
orlan

Mike

Again thanks for your help. I downloaded the beta version and was successful in getting Movie Maker, Photo Gallery and Mail to work without any problems at this point.

regards and thanks
orlan

Back
Top Bottom