Windows 7 Windows Login problem

VsUK

I currently have only 1 user on my system which is myself & it does not have a password, until recently it booted to desktop without any problems & then out of the blue, which i think after a bunch of windows updates im now presented with the user select screen which i have to click to load into the desktop. How can i disable this as i have looked at the user controls & everything else i could remember to check & every time i reboot or boot up it goes to the user login screen which i only need to click because i dont use a password.

Thanks

Only option for password is create a password & only changes to remove password when 1 is set.

Have a look at this article if you have performed the steps as set forth here, then you may need to take a look at the post by Bradley Ward in that article and see if for some reason the associated Registry Value has been altered.
Hope that helps.
Regards
Randy

Hi

Try this.

Click the Orb and then "Run"

Type in "Control Userpasswords2" without the quotes.

When the window opens unclick the box users must use user name and password to use this computer.

Click Apply

When the Automatically Log in dialog box opens hit OK.

See if that works.

Mike

Just to add to mikes post

if you have windows 7 the control userpasswords2 may not exist , HOWEVER click ther orb

type

netplwiz

Just to add to mikes post

if you have windows 7 the control userpasswords2 may not exist , HOWEVER click ther orb

type

netplwiz

Hi, typed what you did as it was less reading :p & for some reason my user Group was in debugger & not administrator as i should be, so far so good so ty :D

If it has worked for you, then problem solved!
But I would not have thought it was a situation exisiting in the "userpasswords" window. (Not from an update)
My own thoughts would have been in the power settings. ie.
Control Panel (icon view) - Power options - Change power settings (on your chosen plan)
Change advanced power settings - Balnced - Require a password on wake up - No

If it has worked for you, then problem solved!
But I would not have thought it was a situation exisiting in the "userpasswords" window. (Not from an update)
My own thoughts would have been in the power settings. ie.
Control Panel (icon view) - Power options - Change power settings (on your chosen plan)
Change advanced power settings - Balnced - Require a password on wake up - No
Your right, i thought it did but apparently it didnt, woke up this morning, booted it up & presented with my user account to click to load into desktop... :(

checked the power settings & my high performance plan which is active is set to No to require a password on wake up.

Last edited:
when u typed netplwiz at the top of the page udner the users tab, is the box checked or unchecked for
"USERS MUST ENTER A USER NAME ANDPASSWORD TO USE THIS COMPUTER"

if its ticked, UNTICK this box

Mine had a tick, unchecked the box & rebooted & now boots to desktop, big thanks to everyone for the help, yet again the best place to go for support :D

Back
Top Bottom