Windows 7 Windows Outlook Down

Joe S

Excellent Member
Has anybody noticed Outlook is still down at 4 pm? Any rumors on what the problem is?
Joe

Hi

I never heard of Outlook.com.
I just Googled it and opened the page, it signed me in and I have messages?

I guess this is another mail service that I didn't know I had.

Mike

Hi

Mike

Yeah Mike, it a web based email client like yahoo and gmail. No need for an installed email client.

Hi

Mike

Outlook.com is a new ( relatively new ) web-based email program introduced by MS to replace Hotmail.com.
All Hotmail users have been switched voluntary or involuntary to Outlook.com.
Huge uproars were raised by Hotmail users regarding the completely new interface which Hotmail users knew nothing of, not to mention a lot of bugs and glitches which MS scrambled to fix.

Last edited:
I liked Hotmail better than Outlook and would not have switched if I had had a choice. My Outlook was back after supper
Joe.

Hi

I normally use Mozilla Thunderbird for my mail client with my Comcast email.

But I've had so many problems with both my Comcast account (couldn't log in) and my wife's recently, that I switched to Gmail a few days ago.

I spent yesterday morning fixing the mail for one of my graphic design clients who had their comcast mail go bottoms up they could receive but not send mail (same as my wife's, for the second time in 2 weeks).

They spent an hour on the phone with Comcast without getting it resolved, so I set them up with a Gmail account. We're in the middle of a job right now and need to be able to go back and forth with pdf files etc.

Their problem is that they have the Comcast mail on all of their printed material, so they don't want to just change completely.

I just updated my email on the forum here and sent a message to everyone on my address list.

I still have a few sites that I have to change but I'm almost completely switched over.

I did have a hotmail account at one time, so that's probably why it logged me into Outlook.com automaticly as soon as I opened it.

It's getting a little creepy when a site you've never been to before know who you are as soon as you open the page. LOL
Most places make me prove that I am human before they let me in.

Mike

@ MikeHawthorne,

RE : Comcast........
Comcast has a port 25 block.
At Advanced page, change your outgoing server port number from 25 to 587.

Having used the Outlook piece of the Microsoft Office Suite for years, Outlook.com seems a reasonable and relatively simple online / imap alternative. But........
Like a lot of things "Microsoft" I've been noticing that when using an alternate browser (specifically Firefox), some of the features don't seem to work as well, if at all. Like the messenger / Skype plug-in. It shows me connected to Skype but says no contacts on line. However, opening outlook.com in IE 10 and my Skype contacts magically appear.
Nefarious scheme to encourage / force more people to use IE...... you decide.

I've used Firefox, and then Chrome for years.

It really makes me mad when I get to a site that won't open except in Internet Explorer.

On the good side I've had this happen less and less over the last few years.

Mike

Back