Windows 7 Windows Update does not download/install...

midtownNY

Windows 7 ver 6.1 build 7600 shows windows updates available in the system tray but does not download/install any. It just hangs. Services.msc- Windows Update is set to Automatic. It was working but something obviously changed. Last successful UPDATE Was Optional on May 1, 2010. Important updates would not install that day... only this optional update listed below. Please help. Thanks.
Installation date: ‎5/‎1/‎2010 2:13 PM
Installation status: Successful
Update type: Optional
Install this update to support Secure Digital (SD) cards that are larger than 32 GB. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
More information:
The capacity of a Secure Digital (SD) card that is larger than 32 GB is reported incorrectly in Windows 7 and in Windows Server 2008 R2

Try rebooting system, then run malware, adware and spyware software for possible bugs. Then run your AV, then run a registry cleaner for any bugs and corruptions. Some PC owners and IT techs say not to run a registry cleaner because of possible deletion of good entry's and others say yes to running the reg cleaner. I personally use one. Once you've done all that then reboot again and then check to see if updates install.

Thank you

Thank you for the reply/ideas but I did run reg cleaner, rebooted and still Windows Update will not download or install. When I press Check for Updates, it hangs. When I search for WIndows Updatwe and right click Windows Update/Run as Administrator (only one user account on computer anyhow), Windows Update still does not work. Any more ideas? (I hope) Thanks.

Back