Windows 7 windows will not boot because of a virtual drive

dvicemuse

hello.

i mounted an unbootable iso image via power iso and forgot about it when i rebooted my computer

now when i try to boot into windows i cannot boot up because of a screen that sais "boot from cd_"

failed solutions:

pressing f8 to get to the safe mode options
loading optimized defaults in my phoenix bios
disabling all boot devices except my hard drive from bios
tapping f10 to get to the boot menu and selecting my hard drive as the only boot device

all of the listed failed solutions resuled in the same "boot from cd_" screen

is there a way to disable a virtual drive from a phoenix bios?
or is there way to boot into a command prompt from bios?

the only other solution i can think of right now is to pull the hard drive out and put it in my friends computer as a secondary hdd then booting into his version of windows to access my hard drive and delete power iso

has anyone encountered this?

any help would be appreciated

thanks in advance

What happens in Safe Mode.

Ate you using Virtual PC or just PowerISO

Have you tried Last Known Good Configuration?

Here's info I found:
Note: Do not attach to VHDs on the same system on which you created them if you plan on booting from them. If you do so, Windows will assign the VHD a new disk signature to avoid a collision with the signature of the VHD's source disk. Windows references disks in the boot configuration database (BCD) by disk signature, so when that happens Windows booted in a VM will fail to locate the boot disk.

the only other solution i can think of right now is to pull the hard drive out and put it in my friends computer as a secondary hdd then booting into his version of windows to access my hard drive and delete power iso

This will not solve your problem

power iso

i cant even get to safe mode...

am i doing something wrong

i thought it was f8 and or f6 but neither will get me to a safe mode option

command prompt from bios? is that possible?

I have no experience with this, so all I can do is guess.

Have you done a cold boot?

What options do you show in the bios for boot priority?

Leaving it alone will boot to the .iso anyway, as opposed the the "hit key to boot to DVD" option?

Once it boots, you cannot turn it off or get into Win 7? Or is you only option booting to the VHD?

Back