Windows 10 Wrong refresh rate Windows 10 1511

Larsancaya

I am running 4k AOC screen which should run at 60Hz ! Before upgrade was ok but now refresh rate is 30Hz and I cannot change it. Gaming is now very lumpy. Need to have correct refresh rate set.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try updating your monitor driver. When I upgraded it done the same to my pc.
When I put my ultrawide drivers in I got my refresh rate back.
Hope this helps.

I'm sure you've already checked but have you tried changing the refresh either by the driver or the os:
refresh.jpg

Tried this already ! On the Nvidia control panel do not get the PC resolution either.
Will try uninstalling monitor driver and install new one.
upload_2015-11-18_10-43-44.png

Hmm Is that setting correct? Near the bottom where it says 'Output Dynamic range' and it's set at 'Limited'. Is there another higher setting?

There is a 'full' option. But I still cannot get to 60Hz or the PS settings for the resolution I need 3840x2160. It was all ok on previous version.

Ok try this, uninstall your current Nvidia driver using the Display Driver Uninstaller:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V15.6.0.2 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum
You will need to boot into safe mode to use it properly.

Install the latest Whql driver from Nvidia

The reason I'm suggesting this is because the upgrade may have affected the gpu driver and using the DDU will give you a totally clean platform to start from.

Hmm I'm not too sure how to 'force' in a driver apart from the usual add and remove stuff. See how you get on with using the DDU. I did a little search to see if this version of win 10 was breaking other users refresh rates too and although I didn't find much evidence of that i did find a couple of threads where the user had fixed the issue by replacing drivers so it's worth a try at least?

The only other thing i can think of and have seen in my searches is that other users experiencing the same issue (not with this os exactly) rolled back to the previous version of windows which then fixed the error. It's perhaps a last resort kinda thing but it's an option.

Yeh thought of that but it really is last resort ! Will search a little longer and see if I can find anything.

Thanx for the help kemical, appreciate it.

So that was the answer after all... Well I'm glad at least your back to normal but a shame about the new os. Hopefully in a month or so they may have patched it?

Back