Windows 10 Wrong refresh rate Windows 10 1511

Just tried updating the Nvidia driver to latest version and it locked the refresh rate to 30Hz in this pre November version.
I rolled back the driver to 353.62 !
So now I will update Win10 to 1511 and then install the 353.62 legacy driver and see if this works.

Interesting!. Thank you for the update as this is good information for other users.

The new build does add some desktop rendor tricks like multi-screen menu bar... I wonder if that has upset your Nvidia drivers?
Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

OK this is fixed ! You have to run NVidia driver 353.62 ! This allows me to run at 3840 x 2160 and I get 60Hz. Obviously later drivers do not work correctly in Windows 10.
I found other people with same problem and this has fixed it.

While it is a bit late to try, you could have used the customize option, preserved your native resolution, and up'd the refresh rate to 60. Windows may not have taken a liking to this, but there is a small chance it would have worked.

Hi Mike
I assume you mean the 'customise' option in the NVidia control panel ! Tried that, did not work. Tried everything that people suggested without any success. This is the only way I could get 3840 x 2160 60Hz.

So NVIDIA gamers should stay on 8 or 8.1 until Microsoft gets around to releasing some driver supports?
... How long could that take right?

Back