Windows 7 Xbox, 2 LAN ports, Shared Wired Internet Connection

moltar512

I looked to see if there were any topics that were similar to my problem, but aside from a few that were very close, nothing said something that exactly matched my troubles.

I have an Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard. This motherboard comes with two ethernet ports built in. According to device manager, they are:

Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller and
Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller #2

I have my cable modem connected to #2, and I have internet and that's all fine. In the other ethernet port, I have it connected to a switch in the wall that serves my house network outlets in the wall that is eventually connected to my Xbox 360 in the living room.

My problem comes in in that Windows 7 sees both of these as two different networks. I've went to ethernet port #2 and selected that I want to "Allow other network users to connet through this computer's Internet connection", but under that it says "Home networking connection: Wireless Network Connection". I have named his network "Donnell's Network" just to keep it straight. Ethernet port #1 has a differnet network, "Unidentified network". I have set both to be of type "home" network, and both are part of the homegroup.

How can i share my wired internet connection between these two ports? On XP, the OS i had before, i just shared the internet connect and all was well. I have never really used Vista.

I have read a bit and I have disabled IPv6 on both ethernet ports.

Weird behavior: My xbox can see my computer, and my computer can see my xbox. I have shared a Torrents folder, and my xbox can see the torrents folder and even play a downloaded episode of House that I have saved on my computer. But, when I do a Network test on my xbox, it can not connect and I do not understand why, other than my theory that the Unidentified Network is part of the "homegroup" but doesn't have internet access.

Help?

Back
Top Bottom