Windows 7 0xa0000001 and Display driver AMD has stopped responding and has recovered

TooMy

Hi! I have two problems. The first is when I try to play games (for example Far Cry 3), the screen goes black, and when it come back, i get this error:
Display driver AMD has stopped responding and has recovered

But, sometimes randomly i get BSOD (stop:0xa0000001). It's so annoying, becase i got this problem when i have 8800GT GPU, and I changed this GPU two days ago to HD 7850 (2Gb), still have the problem. Then, yesterday i changed my trashy 500W 'deer' PSU to a Chieftec (450W), nothing has changed.

the necessary files are attached.
Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S.: Sorry for my language, I Don't speak English perfectly.

Attachments

• BSOD.zip
    837.5 KB · Views: 1,134
Last edited:
The jump from an 8800 to a 7850 is pretty big leap in upgrades.

A few things I want to cover:

1st - The 7850 demands, at the very least, 500W of power (and even with 500W, things could be shaky) from your PSU. You upgraded (technically, downgraded) your PSU, from 500W to 450W. AMD Radeon
500W (or greater) power supply with one 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connector recommended

2nd - the new PSU isn't really reliable. Now, I'm not too sure the exact make/model of your PSU, but on first glance at their PSU site, none of them (as far as I can see) have any certifications.
Example:
http://www.corsair.com/en/power-supply-units.html
If you look at Corsair's PSU's, they all have things such as "80 PLUS PLATINUM/GOLD/SILVER/BRONZE CERTIFICATION", which means that the PSU can deliver at least 80% of the printed wattage. So, if a PSU guaranteed 1000W with 80 PLUS GOLD, I'd expect it to give at least 800W. None of the Chieftec PSU's have these certifications, which means that, although they say it's 450W, it probably only delivers about 375 - 400W of actual power.

3rd - you have 104 updates installed, check Windows Update for more.

4th - Your keyboard has problems - try using a different but working keyboard.

5th - You have problems with PnkBstrA.exe, which is a software used with PC games to stop people cheating. Games it can be rekated to: Medal of Honor; Need for Speed; Quake; Call of Duty.

6th - Problems with TeamViewer - uninstall it, or if it is necessary for work then update it.

7th - try using this thread: http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...ation-instructions-microsoft-windows-7-a.html to install your AMD drivers

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, 10/9 of my expert friends say (and people in my country on other forums) the chieftec is a reliable PSU (at least in my country), and it's 80+. Also they say, the 450W is enough for my config. When I will upgrade my CPU, maybe the 450W is not enough.

Unfortunately, I can't install or check for more upadtes, because the windows is not allowing for me. It says in the "update history" that I have a lot of "unsuccessful" updates, which are not installed. What should I do at this time?

I removed the PnkBstrA.exe and the TeamViewer, and I using a different keyboard now. The problem is not solved.

Last edited:
Neither PnkBstrA.exe nor TeamViewer should be a problem, in ways of virus or that sort. The most probably cause would be for stop:0xa0000001 faulty drivers, hardware issues, or issues with Anti-Virus.

It may be pretty complicated. But you could start with turning off your Anti-Virus and other Security programs. There may be a complication.

If it doesn't help... drivers could be the issue, you might try a restoration point...

I don't use any Anti-virus program, and I fully reinstalled yesterday the win7, and I tried 2 different driver version. If it's a hardware issue, I think not the GPU, RAM(memtest86+ done) or the PSU, because these hardwares are fairly new.

Anti Virus Programs are ESSENTIAL. Not only do they protect your computer, they protect everyone else on the internet from being infected by any harmful programs on your computer.

Well, if you say that it's good, go ahead and use it, but IMO the PSU really isn't that great of a choice.

Anti Virus Programs are ESSENTIAL. Not only do they protect your computer, they protect everyone else on the internet from being infected by any harmful programs on your computer.
I second that. If you haven't used an Antivirus even earlier, it may be that your computer is infected, and a reinstall of Windows doesn't clear that, nor does a normal formatting, but it needs a zero formatting where the whole disk is being written over with blank zeros.

We get a situation where I have to turn my opinion 360 degrees: not an Antivirus software problem, but a Virus problem? Viruses and Malware can cause practically anything.

I must say, I consider you = your computer a risk. With this information, I wouldn't share an open network with you. I suggest that you at least run a scan with some free Internet Antivirus, you can find them with Google search "internet virus scan". PLUS do a scan with Malwarebytes Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download, it quite often shows something others didn't find.

I'm not kidding. You may have a serious problem, and nothing but proper heart or brain surgery helps. Using scans doesn't necessarily heal, nor show all issues. But it's a start.

Best wishes,

Pauli

Last edited:
GeneralHiningII, you've got the whole PSU issue wrong.

Poster has just made an upgrade to a more powerful PSU that should handle the load, provided he does not have a really power-hungry system (MB is 775, quad core2 would be max).

80+ Certification is related to efficiency of power conversion. 80+ simply means that the PSU wastes about 20% of the power drawn from mains. There are higher certifications (Bronze, Gold, Platinum), losses are lower with those. Corsair can also shop around (they actually do not manufacture PSUs) for bad (or at least not lasting) power supplies nowadays, so I can't recommend them.

The Chieftec can certainly deliver enough power but it should be double-checked that the molex to PCIe adapters, if there are any, fit properly. The problem lies somewhere else. And it's not really the keyboard also. That's pretty stable for at least 10 years driver-wise.

Back