Windows 7 2 programs not loading correctly

Ronargus

I have 2 programs that don't load and don't run anymore. They are an e-mail client and a Blue ray program. They both work fine in safe mode but not when I run windows 7 normally. I have run all types of scans and nothing comes up wrong. It's not a virus. I have looked at settings using msconfig, ran a complete Norton scan, and windows malware, but nothing comes up as bad. I haven't changed anything or any settings. I even ran a repair on windows 7, and they still don't load. My e-mail client does load but doesn't do anything thing else. I do see them running in my process window but can't end them. So I have to either log out of windows or reboot to clear that. As I said they both run fine in safe model so it has to be something in my OS that is preventing them from loading. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both programs but it is still the same problem. I have run out of options other than reinstalling Windows 7, but I don't want to do that. All my other programs run fine. I need help. does anyone have a solution to my problem. Thanks

Hi

Try uninstalling them using Revo Uninstaller and then reinstall them in a different directory then they were before.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

The will assure that Windows doesn't see them as the same program and pick up any settings or connections from the previous install.

What email client?

What Blue Ray software?

It might help to know specifically.

Mike

My guess it's Norton....try disabling it and then reinstall said programs.

I have 2 programs that don't load and don't run anymore. They are an e-mail client and a Blue ray program. They both work fine in safe mode but not when I run windows 7 normally. I have run all types of scans and nothing comes up wrong. It's not a virus. I have looked at settings using msconfig, ran a complete Norton scan, and windows malware, but nothing comes up as bad. I haven't changed anything or any settings. I even ran a repair on windows 7, and they still don't load. My e-mail client does load but doesn't do anything thing else. I do see them running in my process window but can't end them. So I have to either log out of windows or reboot to clear that. As I said they both run fine in safe model so it has to be something in my OS that is preventing them from loading. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both programs but it is still the same problem. I have run out of options other than reinstalling Windows 7, but I don't want to do that. All my other programs run fine. I need help. does anyone have a solution to my problem. Thanks

Suggestion only :
Create another user account with exactly the same privileges.
Logon to it. See if same issues persist.

Hi,
Had to reformat hard drive due to virus. All seems well but now my Video programs Roxio..all format to UDF file instead of AVI.
Before the meltdown they worked fine. Suggestions appreciated
Frank

Hi

I use a free program called Any Video Converter to convert video from one format to another.

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

I haven't used Roxio for many years so I don't get the export thing, doesn't it give you choice of export formats?

If you are doing a lot of video editing you might want to look at Adobe Premiere Elements, after trying pretty much everything I found this to be the best option for me. It is easy to use but has a lot of options, multiply sound and video tracks special effects etc.

You can set anything you do to export in virtually any format you want from Mpg to Wmv, or Avi.

There is a trial version so you could check it out with no investment.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=premiere_elements&loc=us

Mike

Hi,
Thanks for the response...I know there are converters out there but it's an extra step & then there is the video run time. I'll look at Adobe..thanks for the suggestion...might be cheaper that reformatting :>) However I'd still like to know what's forcing my outputs to UDF
Thanks

I looked and I couldn't find an explanation of why it would pick such an uncommon file type.

I think you will like Premiere Elements I've use it since version 6 I think.
I tried all the others before that, and it lets you do a much more professional looking job.

And it's quite easy to use, but has tons of transitions blue screen and layering of videos.

Back
Top Bottom